*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881490-Boys-or-Girls
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#881490 added May 6, 2016 at 3:01pm
Restrictions: None
Boys or Girls?
As usual, my trepidation was unfounded and GRU was easy peasy to get to although it did take 30 minutes to go around 5 miles...red lights and traffic. I had no trouble transferring my account, a pleasant experience with the power company, a wonder in itself. I went before my Life History Group (at 3), left home at 1 to allow plenty of time for traffic and long lines. No one was there and I was finished in record time warranting a trip to Ward's Market, renowned for tasty tomatoes and all other fruits and veggies. I almost bought some homemade fresh bread (the prednisone kicking in) but I managed to keep my hands off.

We had 3 visitors at our writing group (having just completed the course) for a record turnout. Everyone had great stories to share and of course there is one member we can always count on for a little controversy. She often writes something sexy (she's 80) or about a confrontation she has had with someone. She warned everyone before reading but that only made us all the more eager to hear. Her first sentence alerted us to the topic, the bathroom situation that has been in the news so much lately. Our group is a hodgepodge of old ladies with all different backgrounds. There was some squirming and some funny looks but by the end of her five minutes (that's our limit), we were all laughing (almost all). Wish I could share it with you, but ... sorry.

Afterward, my friend and I went for our coffee which turned into soup and an hour and one-half chat, a lovely afternoon. We ate outside on the patio of the little boutique and enjoyed this unusual cool May weather.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881490-Boys-or-Girls