*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881570-Act-Like-A-Lady-Think-Like-A-Man
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#881570 added May 8, 2016 at 5:28pm
Restrictions: None
Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man
         I saw the movie, several years old now, based on Steve Harvey's book. The plot has some peculiar twists, but definitely has a happy ending. A chic flick, a date movie, whatever you want to call it, it is romantic, funny, and rings with truth.


         Steve Harvey, the comedian, and survivor of several divorces, wrote a book giving some traditional advice to women on landing a man for keeps. He organizes his advice in an easy to digest and comical way. The movie plot is about some women who follow the book strategically with their boyfriends, who are really only after the "one thing". They compare stories and begin to realize their women are using the same phrases with them. So they read the book and come up with their own battle plan. The war is on.

         While the men use the book to combat the women's efforts and achieve their original goals, the ladies discover they are being played. All bets are off. Everyone gets hurt. The men discover they want these women for the long haul and exclusively, but have lost out by their own behavior. The ladies are disappointed and feeling foolish and used. Nobody likes Steve Harvey.

         But it is a romantic comedy, so everything has to nicely wrap itself up at the end, and everyone realizes that a deep, committed relationship is more satisfying and fulfilling. The men who were trying to fool the women found they actually felt better about themselves with the changes they had made in all areas of their lives. Growing up is not such a bad thing.

         The movie ends with Steve Harvey the biggest winner of them all, having promoted his book and successfully illustrated his advice.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881570-Act-Like-A-Lady-Think-Like-A-Man