*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882037-Protest-Loudlymove-on
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#882037 added May 13, 2016 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
Protest Loudly/move on!

On this day in 1958, US Vice President Richard Nixon's limousine was battered by rocks thrown by anti-US demonstrators in Caracas, Venezuela. Have you ever protested something before, big or small? Loud, or silently?



*Pthb* This book is a Hoot!


Oh Yes! I went directly to them and spoke to them face to face. At least two different groups. At two different times. About two different problems. I was fed up with constant gossip and really, at the time I did not know the extent of the situations or why they involved me. Now I do. I don't even know if it was worth doing or not. Actually, now that I think about it, I can recall more times than that. *Laugh*

Once my cousin told me people were coming to her and asking her questions about me. What about? She did not say. So, I told her what I tell other people, "Tell them to ask me. I have a voice I can talk." My husband says, "Don't ask me ask my wife."

Really these kinds of social what ever don't bother me. I don't get angry unless the situation is so ignorant as to be equated with the middle ages sometime. If I get angry it will be later when I get to thinking about it. Remember I'm 71, I've lived in this area for a longggg time!

There are people around this area who use allegory all the time. Sometimes it takes a day or two to figure out what they might have said. www.Wikipedia.org has a good Plato allegory about "The Cave." It also has a page about allegorical interpretations of the Scriptures. It classifies the use of allegory in writing.

It's a small town area with lots of rural homes. Don't believe anything you hear, unless you have first hand knowledge is always a good rule.

I'm reading an audio book by John Grisham called, "The Innocent Man". the setting is a small town in Oklahoma, where people are expected to go to church.

It reminds me of a news report in the "80's" about a man in New York who turned down the advances of a female so she got all her friends to harass him. Since no one person was responsible it took the police a lot of time to pin down the culprits.

If one family here has a problem with someone they like to spread rumors to use a phrase I've heard, "BRING THEM DOWN." I'm quoting the worst here.

There are lots of hard working honest people around who stay out of harms way the best way they can. If you read a lot you will find these kinds of situations are historical everywhere throughout the ages, in every country. The worst is when they get out of hand and start wars. (The Hatfield s and the McCoy s!) Pulling one scripture out of context, or misinterpreting it, and aiming it at a particular person is another common ploy.*Rant*

Now I'm off my soapbox going to get on with the laundry and dishes. *Radioactive*

Happy Trails.







© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882037-Protest-Loudlymove-on