*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882211-Pantser-vs-Outline
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#882211 added May 15, 2016 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
Pantser vs Outline
A ho-hum visit to my doctor last Tuesday with no change to my Prednisone dose and a new appointment in two months...feelin' good and grateful. I didn't do much of anything else all week except for normal day-to-day stuff. My memoir writing is stuck in the past with nowhere to go...for now.

I attended a writing program at my local library today, pantsing vs outlining. Not really much application to memoir but interesting anyway, 3 panelists of which one was a pantser. When I hear the word, outline, I think school days where we read something and then outlined it. My brain does not wrap around outlining before the story hatches. How do you do that? There has to be some pre-thinking before the outline which in my mind is pantsing. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? I'm a pantser and then a flesher-out when I write fiction...or even memoir, come to think of it. I'd love to hear any thoughts on this.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882211-Pantser-vs-Outline