*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882931-Talk-Tuesday-Entertainment-Books-and-Coping
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#882931 added May 24, 2016 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: Entertainment, Books, and Coping
Tuesday, May 24, 2016

 Spam by Any Other Name  (18+)
This folder contains spam poetry. If you review any of the poem please give them one star
#2085230 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Are your favorite forms of entertainment (books, movies, television, music, etc.) in line with your life's perspective, or are they another form of escapism?

People watching comes in first. I like to look out the window or the door to see what's going on in my neighborhood especially when I hear an emergency siren stop in front of my apartment building. Television and books come in next, I like to watch some reality shows on television. I am especially fond of shows like Forensic Files because the explain the technology used to discover the perpetrator of a crime. I enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy and when I go to a movie I like those same genre.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 807
From what you see of the books in the market, do you believe that the massive increase in media during the last fifteen years or so has led to a breakdown of people’s understanding of subtlety and is that why the literary genre has taken a back seat to the more exciting genres?

Civilization in decline,
attention spans in decline
instant gratification.

The decline of books could also be a results of the economy. Parents spend most of their spar time attempting to make a living so that the family has food, shelter, and clothing. This scratching for a living at the survival level doesn't leave the parents with the time or the energy to read to their children or to purchase educational items that will help their children read and encourage the pursuit of education, art, or science.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1287
Let's talk about coping skills. What do you do when you find yourself annoyed by a noisy environment? Is it possible to experience the noise the same way you might experience the sound of a river flowing? Can you relax and accept what's around you without wishing it were different or do you actively change the situation?

One man's noise
is another man's
peacefully flowing stream.

Most of the time noise doesn't bother me, but there are exceptions. I don't like unidentified noises waking me up in the middle of the night. I don't like gunshots waking me up in the middle of the night. I don't mind music or barking dogs, which I know some people can't stand. A crying baby will wake me up and it doesn't bother me unless the baby continues to cry. Emergency sirens don't bother me unless the stop suddenly in front of my apartment building.

I write therefore I cope.
I cope therefore I survive.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882931-Talk-Tuesday-Entertainment-Books-and-Coping