*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885534-Funny-Friday-Be-Happy-Laugh-Be-Full-of-Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#885534 added June 24, 2016 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: Be Happy! Laugh! Be Full of Joy!
Friday, June 24, 2016

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Groucho Marx

Today is the day to be happy!
Today is the day to laugh!
Today is the day to express joy!

What makes me laugh?

I just finished reading and reviewing the Editors Picks in "Comedy Newsletter (June 22, 2016) and all of the stories made me either laugh or smile. I enjoy reading each week's comedy newsletter because I always find something to make me laugh. This week's question: "What's the funniest thing you wrote about and how did people perceive it?" I can't tell anyone the name of the funniest item I've written because I can't judge my own comedy, but I suspect it's that way with every writer.

I have several pieces in my port defined as comedy, but I'm not sure how funny they are to other people. I know I find some of them extremely funny and I hope that other people perceive them as amusing. Some of the items I've put in " Laughter while other are still in other folders (I'm attempting to organize my portfolio, but haven't completed the job yet).

What makes me happy?

There are a lot of things that make me happy. Taking a morning walk before it gets too hot makes me happy. This morning I encountered two common blackbirds. These were birds with brown heads, black feathers on their bodies, and yellow bills. One of the birds was pulling at a palm frond, which I thought was rather strange. The other one was walking along the sidewalk pecking at the cement in his quest for something to eat.

I also saw three "ankle biters". They didn't bark at me. In fact I'm not sure they even noticed me because they were busy sniffing the ground and each others' butts. Two of the dogs were brown and white terriers of some type. The other was a furry fuzzy dog, which was also brown and white. The only other living creature I encountered was a woman with high heeled orange sandals and a tattoo of some sort on her right leg.

The dogs and the black birds made me smile. I like the sandals the woman was wearing even though I can no longer wear heels that high without falling off my shoes. I suppose falling off of one's shoes can be amusing, not at the time it occurs, but later when you have a chance to think about the incident and wonder what make you think about wearing that type of shoe.

Another thing that makes me happy is writing. I enjoy writing even though sometimes my grammar becomes creative. I know some of my grammar issues. I have a problem with then and than as well as effect and affect. I can deals with these problems if I stop what I'm writing and Google then verse than or affect verse effect. This works well until I get into the writing zone, in which case I keep on writing without stopping to Google.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885534-Funny-Friday-Be-Happy-Laugh-Be-Full-of-Joy