*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885689-A-New-Week-Begins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#885689 added June 26, 2016 at 2:25pm
Restrictions: None
A New Week Begins
Jamal (Beauty), 4 Raḥmat (Mercy), 173 BE - Sunday, June 26, 2016

"Be always kind to everyone and a refuge for those who are without shelter. Be daughters to those who are older than you. Be sisters to those who are of your own age. Be mothers to those who are younger than yourselves. Be nurses to the sick, treasurers for the poor, and supply heavenly food to the hungry."
‘Abdu’l-Bahá

It's a new week with only four days left in the month of June. On Friday, a new month begins. In July I have an eye doctor's appointment on July 7 at 8:00 AM. When I made the appointment last week, I thought I would have to wait until then the get a refill on my prescription eye drops, but the doctor called or faxed the prescription to my pharmacist, so I picked that up yesterday. Now all I have to do is get the over-the-counter gel that goes into my eyes after the prescription eye drops. I'll have to get that after the first, unless the check for working the primary election comes in before then.

I lost my SNAP card sometime between June 1 and June 21, so I called the 800 number to report it missing. The lady said that I would receive a new one around June 30. I'll be keeping a close eye on the mail and if I haven't received it by July 1 the I have to call the number back on July 5 to see what happened. Since Monday, July 4, is a holiday no one will be in the office again until July 5. It's a government office so instead of taking a three day holiday, they'll take a four day off. I want a job that gives me a four day holiday.

I took a walk around half of the block this morning. I went through the courtyard of my apartment complex to the alley, walked west to 21st Street, and then north to Sunrise Ave. I went to the alley because I wanted to see the mural the city is painting on the stone wall. They appear to have half of it done, the part between my apartment complex and 21st Street. I suppose they will have it finished by the end of summer. The artist, who are doing community service, paint it only on Friday or Saturday.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885689-A-New-Week-Begins