*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885781-Monday-Contemplations-Truth-and-Lost
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#885781 added June 27, 2016 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
Monday Contemplations: Truth and Lost
Monday, June 27, 2016

"Therefore it is imperative that we should renounce our own particular prejudices and superstitions if we earnestly desire to seek the truth. Unless we make a distinction in our minds between dogma, superstition and prejudice on the one hand, and truth on the other, we cannot succeed. When we are in earnest in our search for anything we look for it everywhere. This principle we must carry out in our search for truth."
‘Abdu’l‑Bahá, Paris Talks, 41. The First Principle—Search after Truth

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 841
We all think we know what truth is; however, what if truth is really a collection of feelings and attitudes? Or do the emotions and attitudes affect truth in some way? What are your thoughts on this?

Search for Truth

Truth is not a collections of feelings and attitudes. However, our perception of truth is affected by our feelings, attitudes, learned prejudices and preconceived ideas. Truth exists outside the walls of our emotions, attitudes, prejudices and superstitions, which we have to push through or breakdown in order to discover truth.

If we cannot get outside the walls constructed by our superstitions and prejudices then we will not find the truth. As individuals we have to search for truth independent of what we have been taught. We have to ask questions of everything we believe and learn otherwise we will remain prisoners of our own superstitions and prejudices.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1321
Write about something you lost.

What have I lost?

I've lost numerous things in my life. Sometimes I regretted the lose and sometimes I gave thanks for it. I think the most important thing in my life was the lose of my mother to Alzheimer's disease. There were some things she said when she was descending into the darkness that I would have like to ask her more about, but she couldn't remember an hour later what she was talking or crying about. I missed a lot of chances to learn about family history while Mom was still alive and could remember the things I wanted to know. It's too late now ask and for regrets so I just go on each day missing Mom.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885781-Monday-Contemplations-Truth-and-Lost