*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885831-There-are-Cat--People-and-Non-Cat-People
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#885831 added June 28, 2016 at 1:15am
Restrictions: None
There are Cat People and Non-Cat People
Tuesday, June 28, 2016

“A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”
Ernest Hemingway

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1322
There are always weird stories about people and their pets sneaking into the media. What do you think can a pet really keep you hostage? Share with us a crazy experience you've had with a pet.

Jay the Siamese Cat

I have had both cats and dogs at various times in my life. Sometimes I had them both at the same time, which made life interesting. It also gave me some unique experiences. My grandmother rescued a Siamese cat called Jay. The person who originally owned Jay also owned his brother, but she didn't like Jay. She abandoned Jay at the Lake where my grandparents had a mobile home. Grandma fed Jay all summer and then when she went to close up the mobile home in autumn she took him back to Blackwell with her. Jay was one of the most unique cats I've ever encountered.

My grandparents kept chickens. When Jay arrived at their house in Blackwell he immediately went into the hen house and picked himself out a nest. That was the nest he slept in during the day. At night he came into the house and slept on whatever piece of furniture he wanted when he wasn't sleeping at the foot of Grandma's bed.

Jay also got along well with a neighbor's boarder collie. The dog, Pal, was know as a cat killer because he had killed the cat of one of the other neighbors. However, Pal and Jay got along well. The would play chase in the front and back yard. Sometimes Jay would chase Pal and sometimes Pal would chase Jay. When they got tired of playing then they would find a shady place in the yard and lay down for a nap.

Cat People Versus Non-Cat People

There are two types of people in the world: Cat People and Non-Cat People. Non-Cat People should never be allowed to have a cat or any creature remotely resembling a cat. Non-cat people are the ones who get held hostage by their cat. This happens because they don't know how to deal with an independent animal that likes to associate with humans because the humans give it something to purr about.

Cat people know that if a cat responds in a vicious manner then there is something wrong either in the house or with the cat. The best response to a cat going crazy and attacking its owner is to call the cat's vet. The vet will explain give suggestions on how to handle the animal and once the animal is calmed down enough to transport it. You take the cat to the vet's office for a full physical. If you can't do this then you call animal control and have a professional put the cat in a carrier so that it can be taken somewhere for a full physical examination.

Any cat that suddenly goes crazy has issues. Those issues could be physical or they could be with the person the cat attacks. The animal could also have issues with the home especially when the home has not been made cat friendly. Cats do not hold people hostage without a reason.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885831-There-are-Cat--People-and-Non-Cat-People