*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887989-Wildcard-Thursday-Non-medical-Advice-Crutches-and-Cruises
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#887989 added July 21, 2016 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Thursday: Non-medical Advice, Crutches, and Cruises
Thursday, July 21, 2016

 My Adventurous Muse  (E)
Word Prompt: grey sands crisp silver willow adventure rolling hills
#2090838 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The Wildcard Round prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What is the best (or worst) non-medical advice you've ever received for an injury or an illness?

The best non-medical advice I've ever received for an injury or an illness? Prayer! Prayer attracts positive vibrations and helps the immune system and the medication or medical treatment a person receives. I don't ignore this advice. What was the worst non-medical advice I've ever received? Don't get vaccinated! I've ignored that advice at least three times since I've been a adult. The first time when I received a tetanus shot. The second time was when I received a flu shot. The third time when I received a pneumonia shot. I intend to continue ignoring that advice and listen to my doctor when she suggest I get a shot.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1335
I got shiny new crutches yesterday that I have to use for 7 weeks, and I have a big batting, plaster, Ace wrap, and tape covered lower left leg. Interesting story, really, but I will leave that for my blog. But I want to hear of a time YOU were on crutches or were in a cast/splint. How did you injure yourself? Were you a kid or an adult? Can you laugh about it now that it's in the past (unless it is something you're still going through, in which case how are you coping?) If you've never been injured this way, what do you attribute that to?

I've never had a cast on my leg, but I have used crutches. I used the crutches when I stepped on a rusty nail while chasing chickens. The nail went through the bottom of my foot, so I couldn't stand on it for a while so I have to use crutches until it was healed enough to put my weight on it. Fortunately, it healed quickly and I was able to get back to my regular routine in no time. I think the only other time I used crutches was when I spring my ankle. I couldn't stand on the foot, so when I walked I had to use crutches to relieve the pain. Those are the only two time I remember using crutches and I had a difficulty getting around both time.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 865
If you had a chance to sail the seven seas on a yacht for a year, who would you take with you? What countries would you stop to visit? Would it be a peaceful trip? Write about this anyway you want.

I don't think I'd like to sail the seven seas, but I would like to take an Alaskan cruise. After I took the Cruise to Alaska then I might change my mind about sailing the seven seas. Since I've never been on a cruise ship I don't know how I would react to being at sea for a long time. A short cruise to Alaska would help me determine if I wanted to take a longer cruise around the world. I know there are several islands in the Pacific I would like to see, as well as visiting Japan, Australia, and some of the islands off the Indian coast. I think once I took one cruise then I would want to take more.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887989-Wildcard-Thursday-Non-medical-Advice-Crutches-and-Cruises