*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888559-Blessings--Celebrity-Gossip
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#888559 added July 27, 2016 at 10:38am
Restrictions: None
Blessings & Celebrity Gossip
30 Day Blogging Challenge – July 25


Motivational Monday!
Sophia Petrillo once said, "I always wondered why blessings wore disguises. If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked." Do you think it's better to do nice things anonymously, or would you rather it be known? Sophia was played on television by actress Estelle Getty, who was born on this day in 1923.


I always got a chuckle out of her one liners. This one gets top marks. I like doing nice things for people... I often tell a few others what I have done, but I also feel a little guilty in doing that... I believe nice things should be done without announcing to others you have done them. I guess the idea stems from my religious upbringing.... something about going good for others for your Father in Heaven will see those good deeds and reward you.... if you brag about what you've done here on earth, it doesn't carry as much weight in Heaven. I know that goodness and rewards in Heaven are not a requirement to 'get in', but I find it makes me feel good to help others. We are God's hands and feet here on earth. I try to only share those good moments if their is a teaching in their somewhere. Like when I listened to my intuition and went back to see if a cell phone was needed to call 911. I felt really good being able to help someone. I also wanted others to know that listening to that small voice deep inside is a good thing to do. I also hope the gentleman from that day is doing okay.

This quote also gets me thinking about how we view blessings. They are in disguise because we don't see some things as being beneficial. Something bad happens, like missing a flight, and when you find out that plane crashes you then see the missed flight as a blessing. I think a lot of missed opportunities are like that... by missing out we often find there is something better in the works for us we did not know or realize was coining. It is these kind of blessings that make life interesting and let us know that there is someone or something out there watching over us.

30 Day Blogging Challenge – July 26


Talk Tuesday!
What's your take on celebrity gossip?


This is one of those secret vices many of us have.... we want to know what celebrities are doing. We want to get in the know on their lives.... but the reality of it is that they are just people... people trying to live their lives as best they can with the constant clamour of others in their face wanting to know their intimate details. That has got to be awful... especially when their lives are rocked by upheaval. The public seems to thrive on the disgrace of others. It feeds on their pain and misery.... and it makes me wonder about the humanity of it all. Why are we so cruel and uncaring? Why can't we just love each other and give each other a break. Life happens. It does not have to be plastered on the front page of a tabloid.... and most of that stuff is not true anyway. That in itself is stressful to a life that is already on display.

Sure they may have chosen a life in the spotlight, but that does not entitle the public into every aspect of their personal lives.
I admit I do flip to etalk and shows like that.... but I stay away from the tabloids. I have been sucked into episodes of the Kadashians at times..... but I try to stop myself. With the Kardashians, I find their show is their own carved out reality of things.... in the hopes that they can control the gossip, but I think it often backfires on them.


© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888559-Blessings--Celebrity-Gossip