*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888973-Motivational-Monday-Looking-Up-and-A-Bolt-From-The-Blue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#888973 added August 1, 2016 at 3:08pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Looking Up and A Bolt From The Blue
Monday, August 1, 2016

Monday's motivation
starting on a second carafe of coffee
after convincing myself that I didn't waste
the morning with non-writing projects because
I did accomplish something worthwhile by letting
my Facebook family and friends know I am still alive.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 876
Right now I am looking up at the ceiling; when outside, I look up at the sky, the clouds, and the tops of trees. Do you ever look up, and what does looking up mean to you?

Looking Up

I look up every morning when I go for my walking meditation around the block. This morning when I looked up I saw a partly cloudy sky while feeling the humidity of monsoon season in Las Vegas. I also looked down when I walked through the courtyard so that I wouldn't trip over the cracks in the blacktop covering the courtyard. I noticed that the oak tree had green leaves, which means it isn't dead yet. Another interesting and unusual sight was a male neighbor who wore his pants pulled up to his waist with a belt to hold them up. Usually I see one of the male neighbors with his with his pants down around his waist showing his boxer shorts. When I take my morning meditation walk, I switch from looking up to looking down because I sometimes encounter litter in the alley or on the sidewalk, so switching back and forth is a safety measure.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1356
"My first poem was a bolt from the blue... it broke a spell of disillusion and suicidal despondence... it filled me with soul satisfying joy." - William Carlos Williams Have you ever written something or encountered a piece of writing that filled your soul with joy. If you haven't had that type of experience when writing did you have it at any other time. Tell us about it.

A Bolt From the Blue

My biggest problem when I write is self-criticism. I have written a few poems that filled me with joy, but not many because I tend to be over critical with my own writing. I have learned to deal with this problem, but I haven't solved it. When I find myself being over critical I do one of two things. First, I print off a hard copy and reread it at leisure. Second, I print off a hard copy, reread it while I'm sitting in front of the computer, correct any obvious issues, say a prayer, and then submit it to wherever I'm going to submit it. If I'm working with a story, then I copy it to a word document (I have a One Drive subscription), correct any grammar errors I find, and then submit it. I have discovered one problem, in the excitement of composition I sometimes forget to copy, paste, and edit.





© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888973-Motivational-Monday-Looking-Up-and-A-Bolt-From-The-Blue