*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889241-Thankful-Thursday-Poems-and-Rain-in-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#889241 added August 4, 2016 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday: Poems and Rain in Las Vegas
Thursday, August 4, 2016

 Wasting Time  (ASR)
Sedoka Poem
#2092246 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1359
If you were to live under the ocean, what would you look like? What would you eat? Who or what would you interact with? Paint a picture of your life under the ocean.

A mermaid swimming in the sea
that is what I would be,
I'd dine on lobster and caviar
Or fish resembling Arctic char.

***

Finally the rain came,
a cooling summer shower
came at midnight.

It rained last night here in Las Vegas. According to the meteorologist on the morning news a thunderstorm hit about midnight. There was thunder and lightning. We are under a flash flood warning until 5:00 AM Friday. I was asleep when the storm came so I missed the thunder, lightning, and rain. When I woke up this morning, I opened the front door and saw the wet street in front of my house. It didn't rain enough to flood my neighborhood, which was sort of disappointing. When it floods here the flood water run down the alley and empty onto Eastern Avenue. If this happens then it cleans the trash out of the alley and washes it into the street. I suppose I shouldn't be disappointed since Eastern isn't full of trash, but Thursday is when the street sweeper drives through this neighborhood. If Eastern was full of trash then the street sweeper would have cleaned it up. Unfortunately, the street sweeper doesn't go down the alley to clean it up.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889241-Thankful-Thursday-Poems-and-Rain-in-Las-Vegas