*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889318-Day-5---Barcelona-Continues--Childlike-Not-Childish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#889318 added August 6, 2016 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Day 5 - Barcelona Continues & Childlike, Not Childish
30 Day Blogging Challenge


30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.


Aug 5th - Barcelona - Today you have fielder's choice:
Knowing we weren't planning on leaving early this morning, some of the ladies and I decided to take in some of the nightlife. I was still high on happiness fumes and the dancing. I was not ready for my bed. This dress was just too beautiful to waste - being hung up too early... so... we explored.

We found a place called Marmalade. It is known for its extensive cocktail selection so we decided to try a few and watch the people. I was enticed into a game of pool - though I don't really play the game, the guys we met were more than happy to help us learn. It is all in good fun. We enjoy a little bite sharing from each other's plates and didn't leave until almost close - 2:30 in the morning. We headed back to the hotel.
'This stunning bar is split into four different areas, all decorated with beautiful sofas, copper clad antique walls and a famous chrome art déco bar. It has a luxurious experience with a warm and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Locals and tourists alike flock here to play billiard and enjoy budget cocktails all night long.'

http://www.marmaladebarcelona.com/?lang=en

So today we were free to do as we pleased. Lyn suggested Port Aventura a huge theme park - and I love those.... but I was not up for rollercoasters today. She also suggested a nude beach - but I don't think so... though I would be tempted to go tuck my toes into the Mediterranean Sea to say that I have.... Instead, I decided... on another day on the on and off scenic bus. I managed to get a little walk on the beach and time to sink my toes in the water... in fact, I put my swim suit on underneath my clothes and took a change of clothes to put on later... before I did that I went to get a closer, more personal look at the Sagrada Familia and the Picasso Museum. The others had raved about their visits that I figured I would indulge myself,

"The Sagrada Família is Antoni Gaudí's best-known work and has become an undisputed symbol of Barcelona. This unique modern temple has been under construction since 1882, and is expected to be completed by 2026." How amazing is that!

The Piccasso Museum was worth the trip...
http://courtyard.museupicassobcn.org/virtual-tour

I made it to the Barceloneta beach for a quick dip after a day of sightseeing. It is the oldest and most traditional of all the beaches.

I know it may seem a little anti-social, but I decided not to go on the small group Montserrat Tour.... it was to leave at 3 o'clock and I did not want to rush off from all the bounty in Barcelona. Instead, I took my notebook and found a quaint spot to have my own dinner and watch the people.... it was relaxing after a day of busy sightseeing and beach basking.

Later I made my way up to see the Fuentes de Montjuich... a stunning light and water show. It was breathtaking. Definitely worth seeing. I stay until the end - 11 o'clock, then head back for some sleep. Tomorrow will be an early morning, We are to catch a 7 am train.... to Montpelier, France. It is a 4 hour train trip, but I doubt I will sleep much not wanting to see the sights.

Border for my personal use.


Love Louder - Amplifying My Life

I have decided as part of my blog to comment on each of Preston Smiles's ways to Love Louder. He has written an intriguing little book or 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life. The full title is Love Louder: 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life.

Day 30 – Childlike, Not Childish: Feed Your Inner Child
"play is an essential element in living a fulfilled and joyful life. But somewhere in the journey toward becoming an adult we lose our playfulness, and with it we lose a sense of vitality." - and I would add, wonder.

"Life is not as serious as we make it out to be..." I agree with Preston Smiles, when he says there is a "bright-eyed, bushy tailed innocent love nugget in all of us, wanting to connect to that innate freedom through play."

We need to enjoy life to the best of our ability. Do something fun for your inner child.

#LOVELOUDERCHALLENGE
Make a list of everything you can think of that would be fun.
Make sure you have no fewer than twenty - pick three and do them!
Challenge a friend to do the same.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889318-Day-5---Barcelona-Continues--Childlike-Not-Childish