*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889522-Motivational-Monday-Dont-Should-on-Yourself--Flowers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#889522 added August 8, 2016 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Don't Should on Yourself & Flowers
Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday again! Half the day gone, but not wasted. This morning I went to the bank to deposit a check. I intended to use the ATM inside the Bank of America on Sahara just down from Maryland Parkway. I went inside the bank, put my debit card in the machine, and waited for it to read the chip in the card. The ATM didn't read the chip so I went to the teller window and deposited the check. Then I went East on Sahara to Smith's Food and Drug Store to pick up two prescriptions. I paid for the prescriptions and then decided to get the water and soda while I was in there. I'd planned to go to Save A Lot, but with the heat and humidity the way it is I changed my mind. Now half the day is gone and I haven't accomplished much writing or reading. This afternoon my motivation is to do some writing.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 883
What do you think about this feeling of “I should have done better!” in any area? Can it be a positive or negative motivator in some way?

Shoulding on Yourself

I think it's just another way to "should on yourself". When they work on a project most people do the best that they can at the moment, so there isn't any use for them to "should on themselves". If a person realizes, after the project is finish, that they might have been able to do a better job is just to go on to the next project and attempt to do a better job. All "shoulding on yourself" does is cause negative emotions and fear. If a person realizes when they are half-way through a project that they aren't doing there best then they can correct course and do better as the project proceeds.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1363
Each time the wind blew, she could hear the flowers talking to her. Tell me what the flowers said to her.

Talking Flowers

Roses whisper words of love
Comfort to the lonely soul
Recalling moments of unselfish giving
By someone who has left this world.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889522-Motivational-Monday-Dont-Should-on-Yourself--Flowers