*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889535-Monaco-I-Could-Do-Better--No-Elevator-To-Success
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#889535 added August 8, 2016 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
Monaco, I Could Do Better & No Elevator To Success
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

August 8th -- Monaco

Lyn's a sly fox has booked us into more luxury at the Fairmont Monte Carlo..
http://www.fairmont.com/monte-carlo/

Monaco.... hmmm. Of all the places. This one seems daunting... I definitely feel out of place here. I am not rich and famous..... and everything seems over the top. I did a little of my own research and decided to go to the exotic garden instead of the Japanese Gardens. I managed to drag a few of the ladies with me.... the defectors in us.... you know who you are!!!
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g190407-d195274-Reviews-Exotic_Gard...
The fabulous gardens and the caves were definitely great to see. It took about an hour or so to wander the gardens and another hour or so to walk the caves. The place was amazing and the views of Monaco spectacular.

We caught up with everyone at the Oceanographic Museum
https://www.viator.com/Monaco-attractions/Oceanographic-Museum-Musee-Oceanograph...
This was a cool place.

We continued on to the zoo. It's unusual because it is a vertical zoo going up the side of a mountain where the Prince's Castle sits at the top. The view of the city is incredible as you walk and see the different exotic animals accumulated.


As for the Prince’s Palace.... again.... not so intrigued and besides I was drawn to the beach. I was done with the sightseeing for the day. I wanted to just relaxed and take in that wonderful Mediterranean sand, sun and sea.

Monaco is tiny measuring 2 miles long and little over half a mile wide, so you can certainly walk around it in half a day! That means you won’t be spending any money on cab rides and you get your exercise for the day. Monaco is built on a steep hill but there are all these crazy public elevators you can take to get up and down. It’s a weird place, let me tell you but a long of fun.

Those of us going to the beach grabbed some lunch then headed back to the hotel to change and go. The rest were talking about going shopping. There was.buzz about seeing some celebrities.

There is a rooftop swimming pool with amazing views if you're not in shopping all the high end shops.

Dinner was at La Note Bleue at 7:30 pm. It was a restaurant and piano bar where we were able kick back and relax. Listening to everyone's tale of the day was fascinating. Afterward a few of us walked along the beach for a glorious sunset.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g190409-d2292056-Reviews-La_Note_B...

I was not quite ready to settle in for the night so I talked a few of the group into tagging along with me to go check out Le Bar Americain
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g190409-d2549389-Reviews-Le_Bar_Ame...
The live music got us up dancing. It was a little pricey.... I sipped my drink slowly and enjoyed the ambiance and my companions. It was a people watching paradise.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City - Day 883

Prompt: What do you think about this feeling of “I should have done better!” in any area? Can it be a positive or negative motivator in some way?

I think this feeling has a lot to do with other moods that surround it. If you did pretty well, but still see room for improvement, it will spurn you on to do even better next time, but if you failed miserably and you are feeling awful, the negativity can grow and tears can fall.
I try to stay positive most of the time, but I do have my darker moments when negativity can creep in.

Border for my personal use.


Love Louder - Amplifying My Life

I have decided as part of my blog to comment on each of Preston Smiles's ways to Love Louder. He has written an intriguing little book or 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life. The full title is Love Louder: 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life.

Day 33 –There No Elevator To Success; We All Have To Take The Stairs
"There's no substitute for hard work, we all have to roll up our sleeves and take the stairs to get to that floor we're going after."

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." - Roman Philosopher Seneca
Smiles goes on to add that preparation is the work we must do.... and the opportunity will find us when we are ready to work and make it happen.

Anything worth having is worth having to work for... there are always going to be setbacks and bumps along the way, but that is "nature's was of strengthening us to be ready for what it is we're working toward." During the process of working hard, you learn more about yourself.... each time you work through something you initially thought impossible, you build character, increase self-respect and solidify new habits Preston is hopeful to add. "It creates a new version of you to lean back on , knowing that anything is possible with enough faith, patience, and perseverance.

#LOVELOUDERCHALLENGE
I will work for it more than I will hope for it.



© Copyright 2016 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889535-Monaco-I-Could-Do-Better--No-Elevator-To-Success