*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889595-Monaco-To-Nice-France--Inspiration
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#889595 added August 9, 2016 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
Monaco To Nice, France & Inspiration
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

August 9th – Monaco continues...

I have breakfast with the whole gang at the hotel before they head off to see Prince Rainer’s Antique Car collection. This is so not my cup of tea, so I head back up to my room and get ready for the pool. A little rooftop swimming pool is calling my name and that holds my interest way more than any Monaco sightseeing tours.

I rejoin the group when they return for lunch. Lyn's a sly fox says to eat a light lunch, but my swim has worked up my appetite and we are planning on a bike tour in Nice - so I make sure I eat a good, lunch. We get to take a helicopter ride to Nice!!! Wow. Now that sparks my excitement levels.

I have never been in a helicopter before and the experience is amazing! The views are soooo wonderful and the ride flips my stomach in ways on a roller coaster can - and that is a good thing!

https://www.viator.com/tours/Nice/Scenic-Helicopter-Tour-from-Nice/d478-5581HELI...

After the helicopter ride I find traveling energy has been revived.... and now we are in Nice and I cannot wait to get on my bike and see what this city has to offer.

https://www.viator.com/tours/Nice/Nice-City-Bike-Tour/d478-5294NICE
We get to discover the best parts of the Côte d'Azur capital during the Nice 3 hour bike tour with a local guide. We cycle through the picture-perfect city past charming city squares, grand boulevards and sandy beaches. We see the city's famous Belle Époque architecture, Baroque churches, trendy bars and busy cafes. This is more my style. With our knowledgeable guide and a bike that is a joy to ride, we see parts of Nice that most people miss... or so I'm told. We see Promenade des Anglais, Hotel Negresco, Place Massena, Nice Old Town and Market, Place Garibaldi, and the port. The guide tells us interesting facts and stories about each attraction. It was a day to discover Nice’s hidden spots, little alleys and unique atmosphere. I did not want to leave.

Read more about Nice City Bike Tour - Nice | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Nice/Nice-City-Bike-Tour/d478-5294NICE?pub=vcps

The helicopter pilot is going to return us in time for happy hour at the Brasserie de Monaco.I am almost sad to leave Nice.

http://www.brasseriedemonaco.com/
Located down on the harbour, this cool little spot serves homebrewed organic beers and if you get there between 5pm and 8pm, you can also enjoy 50% off the price! Yep that’s 2 euro for a half-pint and 3 euro 50 cents for a pint! I have a feeling many of us drank way more than we should have... but it was rolling fun. The Red fruits beer was quite good... for a beer. I manage to swipe a top from one of the beers, since I can't peel a label off as a souvenir.

Dinner is at Il Terrazzino a mix of Italian and Mediterranean at 8:30 pm
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190409-d1579959-Reviews-Il_Terraz...
It is quaint and colourful. The gande buffet style for the appetizers was a lovely way to try a variety of things. I sampled quite a few... particularly the cheese and tomatoes.
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g190409-d1579959-Reviews-Il_Terrazz...
We see Novak Djokovic with his wife! I am so happy to be enjoying the same space.... I restrain myself from asking for an autograph, but I do smile over and raise my glass when they glance our way.

Tomorrow we leave for Florence Italy. We get the 8 am train for a 2 hour ride... I can hardly wait!

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 884

Prompt: What is inspiration to you? Aside from writing from prompts, is inspiration something you run into while reading or living your day-to-day life, or do you have a mystical attitude about it as if it comes from dreams or during a trance-like state?

Inspiration can strike at any time. I think it is just important to stay open to the world around you... your experience. Something draws you, captures your interest.... go with it. I wouldn't say it is mystical in nature... though I have gotten ideas from dreams, I would say day-to-day experience is far more accessible - and that includes what you are reading and watching on TV and in the movies.

Watching people, eavesdropping on conversations... those are bountiful avenues for getting ideas. Surfing the internet.... looking at photographs. Considering the 'what ifs' of a situation - those all play into what captures your interest, your imagination and inspires you to take to the page.



© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889595-Monaco-To-Nice-France--Inspiration