*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890131-Prague---Day-16-Virtual-Europe--Scents-Be-Yourself--Only
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#890131 added August 18, 2016 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
Prague - Day 16 Virtual Europe & Scents, Be Yourself & Only
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

Day 16 - Prague
After such a night of fun, I am stumbling onto the train this morning.... and I am not the only one. We had a 4 hour train ride to Prague... so it's breakfast on the train. It's not bad, certainly better than airplane faire.... and the coffee is good. Amen to that.
Even with the caffeine I still doze off on the trip... but I do manage to see some of the lovely sights as we make our way from Vienna to Prague.

Lyn's a sly fox has us booked into a hostel in the downtown area and she is giving us the choice to explore on our own or do the 3.5 hour tour. Decisions. Decisions.
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Hostel-DownTown/Prague/21097

I decided to get the most from one day in Prague so I opted to take the 3.5-hour coach and walking tour of the Czech capital. Our experienced guide explained the sights while we rode in a comfortable coach - past landmarks such as Wenceslas Square, and the State Opera to name a few. We stopped at Prague Castle and strolled around other highlights like St Vitus Cathedral and Golden Lane. We walked to the Old Town to admire the Old Town Square with its Town Hall and Astronomical Clock. I wanted to catch the highlights and see as much as I could of the city.

Read more about Prague in One Day Sightseeing Tour - Prague | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Prague/Prague-in-One-Day-Sightseeing-Tour/d462-2190...


in the evening we dined in style and got to admire the floodlit beauty of Prague on a 3-hour luxury cruise along the Vltava River. We got onto a beautiful, small boat and glided by the wonder of Prague’s landmarks as we savored a gourmet 3-course dinner accompanied by a complementary aperitif and a half-bottle of wine. There was also live piano music. Tres romantic! We admired the floodlit Prague Castle, cruised under the Charles Bridge, and just absorbed the magical views of Prague’s illuminated skyline. Lyn even upgraded us to that we got the panoramic views of the city as we feasted.

Read more about Prague Luxury Dinner Cruise on Vltava River - Prague | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Prague/Prague-Luxury-Dinner-Cruise-on-Vltava-River/...

Our hostel is right in the heart of the magic that is the nightlife of Prague, so I could not resists joining some of the guests as we meandered out to see the sights and part-take in some of the after hours festivities. Nothing so wild tonight though.

I have to say Prague is an interesting city. It is not one I would have put on my itinerary of places to go, but the views were intriguing and the history held me spellbound. I was glad to be here.


Border for my personal use.



Welcome to My Reality - August Prompts


1. Write about a scent you remember from your childhood. What aroma brings back pleasant memories when you smell it?
Wood stoves and freshly baked bread and biscuits are the scents that draw me back into my childhood. Both are associated with my Gramzie - who I loved dearly. She could work wonders on that old wood stove.... the clang and rattle of metal on metal as she worked away. The scents that permiated the place, the scent of wood from the wood pile. All bring back time, place and special memories of a person and a time that was innocence itself.

3. Be yourself. Everyone else is spoken for. What is your take on this?
We are all unique. I never used to understand the concept of everyone being good at something.... but the thing is.... we are all a mixture of talents and traits that no one else possesses. We are each unique, like snowflakes - similar at a distance, but the closer you look, the more diverse we are. Similar, yet different... and that is a good thing. There is nothing wrong with different, it is just different.
Too often we try to be like someone else.... because we see them as the 'ideal', but that is just our warped society twisting our minds... what is in style now, will lose favour and something else will come along. The important thing is to be true to ourselves and not get caught up in the craziness that is societal expectation and conformity. Be confident and true to all the gifts and talents that make up all of you.... God don't make junk!

6. Write about what kind of relationship you have with your siblings/ if you are an only child share how you really felt about that.
I am an only child. I don't see myself as spoiled... probably because I grew up under the cloud of martial separation and a parent with depression. I was a late addition to the family. My parents were married seven years before they had me, and then life changed for my mother... but for my dad, I think he continued on as he had before I came along - pretty much. He went out bowling, curling and golfing with his friends. My mother stayed home with me. It's no wonder I felt like the cause of my parent's marital separation - not that I thought so at the time.... but I did years later....
I enjoy my privacy and time to myself. I often find I need time to myself and will often go off by myself at a party.... even if this is extended time in the bathroom or slipping off to a deserted area of the house when guests are mingling elsewhere. I admire people that can be go, go go with everyone around them.. that is how I see large families... no place or time for yourself. Maybe that is selfish of me... carving out time for me, but it is who I am.
If I ever had children I would want at least two... so that they would have each other when they grow older.


© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890131-Prague---Day-16-Virtual-Europe--Scents-Be-Yourself--Only