*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890278-Prague---Day-17-Virtual-Europe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#890278 added August 18, 2016 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
Prague - Day 17 Virtual Europe
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

August 17th - Prague
Lyn's a sly fox is giving us choices today, She gave several options, but although they sounded intriguing, I was more inclined to stay within the city.

Over the day, I took a private walking tour of hidden Prague. It was a chance to explore the city without the usual crowded, touristy things. I got to know Prague like a local on this 2.5-hour walking tour around the city’s hidden streets and sights. Led by a local private guide, we delved behind the top Prague attractions and entered another world of secret alleyways and charming neighborhoods beloved by locals and usually overlooked by visitors. We navigated and followed tangled cobbled lanes from the Old Town Square to Wenceslas Square and Republic Square. On our walk, we discovered tiny courtyards, pretty gardens and tucked-away gems, and hear all about Prague’s medieval history and architecture. It was just the right amount of information on an already packed month....

https://www.viator.com/tours/Prague/Private-Walking-Tour-Hidden-Prague/d462-2336...

Afterward I found a cozy English bookshop with a cafe and bar to while away the rest of my afternoon. It was the Globe Bookshop and bar.
"IN LIBRIS, VERITAS; IN KAVA, VITA! / IN BOOKS, TRUTH; IN COFFEE, LIFE!"
http://globebookstore.cz/

For the evening I signed on to the Prague Beer and Czech Tapas Evening Walking Tour. The chance to "take your taste buds on a journey around some of Prague’s best drinking haunts on this 5-hour evening Prague beer tour." With a local guide, we visited five iconic bars and pubs, including a microbrewery, as you learn about Prague’s long-held passion for beer. Head into the trendy Žižkov district and Prague Old Town and team your tastings with classic Czech ‘tapas’ such as hearty pork chili and pickled sausage. Get insider tips on the top brews to try, and hear fascinating stories about Czech culture from your knowledgeable guide.
It was great to explore the city's thriving bar scene and I love this city at night. We learned more of the culture and history from your guide.

Read more about Prague Beer and Czech Tapas Evening Walking Tour - Prague | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Prague/Prague-Beer-and-Czech-Tapas-Evening-Walking-...

Lyn's a sly fox had us booked on a sleeping passenger train out of Prague at one am.... so I took as much time as I needed to enjoy what I could before crashing in my passenger abode. We have a five hour trip to Berlin, Germany.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890278-Prague---Day-17-Virtual-Europe