*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890286-Berlin---Day-18-Virtual-Europe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#890286 added August 18, 2016 at 9:25pm
Restrictions: None
Berlin - Day 18 Virtual Europe
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

August 18 - Berlin, Germany

We're staying at the Marriott. Potsdamer Platz location in Berlin, Germany's city centre. There is a 24-hour fitness center and an indoor pool. The hotel is close to Brandenburg Gate and the Holocaust Memorial. I decided to enjoy a swim in the indoor pool. Then before lunch, I went off to the Holocaust Memorial.... The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe in the center of Berlin is the central Holocaust memorial Germany, a place of remembrance and commemoration of the up to six million Jewish victims of the Holocaust. Located between the Brandenburg Gate and Potsdamer Platz Monument consists of the designed by Peter Eisenman Stelenfeld and the underground located the Information Centre.
The exhibition at the Information documented the persecution and extermination of the European Jews and the historical sites of crimes. She is visited by nearly half a million guests.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bermc-berlin-marriott-hotel/
http://www.stiftung-denkmal.de/startseite.html


After lunch at the hotel, we head off for another Segway tour.... I decided to join the group on this tour to experience Berlin.... - I am curious and daunted by this city. It is nothing like my city - Kitchener, Ontario, Canada - which was named Berlin - until 1916 --
http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6743079-june-28-1916-exactly-346-people-vote...
This tour was 3-hours and we muddled our way in small-groups across Germany’s capital and cultural centerpiece. We bubbled along, with a few mishaps.... somebody ran into the gate! No damage of course. We got to see all its main sites — like the Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate, Berlin Cathedral and Museum Island, Reichstag, and Gendarmenmarkt. We stopped frequently to hear fascinating stories, take pictures and discuss Berlin’s history. Thankfully we got helmets for our adventure. Being with the group helped me deal with the darkness I feel in this city... I know all city's have histories, but this one just hits the heart.... so many lives extinguished... before they had a chance to really shine.

Read more about Berlin Segway Tour - Berlin | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Berlin/Berlin-Segway-Tour/d488-3933BERSEGWAY?pub=vc...

I continued with the group to take in the experience of a view and a meal at the Berlin TV Tower. It was a sky-high meal in the clouds during this VIP dinner 679 feet (207 meters) above the city in the revolving restaurant. We got to skip-the-line as we got access to the tallest building in Berlin, sitting down for a VIP dinner at Sphere, the revolving eatery located at the tower’s apex. The views were amazing.... as were the desserts. We could see Charlottenburg Palace and Checkpoint Charlie.

Read more about Skip the Line: Dinner Atop the Berlin TV Tower - Berlin | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Berlin/Skip-the-Line-Dinner-atop-the-Berlin-TV-Towe...

Did you check in with your fellow backpackers lately? How are they doing with all this traveling? We all seem to be really enjoying ourselves.... there may be a few bumps and bruises from the segway tour, but otherwise, we're all good. Listening to my fellow backpacker's experiences helped me through today... the city is beautiful.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890286-Berlin---Day-18-Virtual-Europe