*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890443-Hamburg-Germany---Day-20-Virtual-Europe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#890443 added August 20, 2016 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
Hamburg, Germany - Day 20 Virtual Europe
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

August 20th Hamburg
A 2 hour train ride finds us in Hamburg, Germany. And like the town of New Hamburg down from where I live, I am tempted to call it Hamburger. Fivesixer is talking McDonald's but this is a virtual trip - I want an upscale hamburger and some fries - and not from a chain.

Lyn's a sly fox has us back in a lovely hostel. I get a room with bunk beds built into the wall. I am happy to take a lower buck and give my roomies the top ones. Being on the bottom allows me to slip in and out without disturbing anyone... and I have a feeling my roomies are going to want a later morning than me. I love the name of this hostel - Pyjama Park!
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Pyjama-Park-Schanzenviertel/Hamburg...

We did a quick dump off of our backpacks, then headed out for another Hop on, Hop off bus - I love these as I can explore at my own pace and still get a good overall feel of the place. Lyn's a sly fox was kind enough to get us the 'skip the lines' option and that makes it even better. I made sure to upgrade my pass to allow for a lovely river cruise - getting a different view from water level. Impressive.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=3880HAM01&d=1962...

I spent much of my day just looking about. I got off and on a few times and made sure to get my one hour cruise along the river. I even got to enjoy a traditional cup of tea at the teashop in the heritage-listed Krameramt district, an area of former merchants' homes built in the 17th century (hop-on hop-off stop is St Michael Church). I took in the serene beauty of the church and wandered about.

I made sure to meet up with everyone at 6pm for a sailing experience on Lake Alster before dining at Restaurant Hala.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187331-d8052433-Reviews-Barca_BOA...
We got to enjoy a 1-hour small-group sunset cruise on a traditional sailing boat in the middle of Hamburg. The view was amazing! Our skipper guided our tour on the Alster lake and we got to enjoy a cool drink - I chose beer - because hey, it was included in ticket. It was so nice to relax and escape from the hazzle of the city and all the touristy things I did today.
At the Restaurant Hala I totally feasted. I loved the little dishes of appetizers - I think there were eight various things - Pickles in one, cottage cheese in another. I had some steak kabobs and roasted potatoes - very yummy. I was much too full to go to the Mcdonald's - Fivesixer and kittiara were talking about going.

Our evenings entertainment was a games night. Hamburg seems to thrive on these... the problem was picking the one I wanted to go to.... all of them have rave reviews. After checking out the websites I decided on...

Hidden in Hamburg:
HIDDEN in HAMBURG is the only Live Escape Game of the Hanseatic city that offers you typical hamburger theme rooms. Save yourselves as Department of RICKMER RICKMERS against pirates on land or clear the murder of the noble prostitute Rosie on. Take a chance, the charm of Hamburg not only to discover but to experience ... The puzzles rooms differ in their presentation and the history in which you dive during the season. Despite completely different puzzle difficulty of the rooms is comparable. The origins of this type of puzzle game in the world of online and mobile games. There attract thousands Room Escape Games, players featuring puzzle and virtual game. The Live Escape Games put this concept into reality. Its appeal is to puzzle completely offline and in "real" with friends or colleagues. This is such a cool premise!!!

Our rooms Mutiny on HIGH SEAS and SCANDAL AROUND ROSIE can be found in the Rothenbaumchaussee 3. CAPTAIN ON BOARD and MURDER ON BOARD are located directly on the RICKMER RICKMERS. Yes, you read correctly. Our rooms CAPTAIN ON BOARD and MURDER ON BOARD, both directly on the RICKMER RICKMERS in Hamburg harbor. Due to a cooperation with the RICKMER RICKMERS you can play directly on board the famous sailing ship. In CAPTAIN ON BOARD you will be included in the original captain's cabin. In MURDER ON BOARD you are caught in the original galley. The hard part was deciding which one to do!!!! I decided to.... go to the one my friends were up for... Kit of House Lannister was part of my posse. I decided to go check out the ones onboard the ship... maybe tomorrow I can venture to the ones in the Rothenbaumchaussee.
http://www.hidden-in-hamburg.de/#_=_

Here are all three if you want to check them out:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187331-d8045977-Reviews-One_Way_O...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187331-d9605450-Reviews-TwistedRo...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187331-d7591283-Reviews-Hidden_in...



© Copyright 2016 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890443-Hamburg-Germany---Day-20-Virtual-Europe