*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890489-Hamburg-Germany---Day-21-Virtual-Europe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#890489 added August 21, 2016 at 1:40pm
Restrictions: None
Hamburg, Germany - Day 21 Virtual Europe
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

Aug 21st Hamburg, Germany
Today we took an easy today, It is Sunday afterall. I decided I would join some of the ladies and stretch my legs on a bike tour. Even with Spacecat 's fall out of bed this morning she was up for this. I was so glad she hadn't seriously hurt herself. She did well. We chose to do the Sunday Special which had more parks and less city sights. We took a very relaxed Alster tour. Our guide was Sebastion.... he was quite good looking and Jellyfish-Vote Green on May 2! enjoyed flirting with him. He took us around the Alster through the city rush Rotherbaum, Pรถseldorf, Winterhude, Uhlenhorst and St. Georg. We passed consulates, magnificent villas and residences of enchanted water land and hidden ponds. We got to walk in the footsteps of Jil Sander and Wolfgang Joop,while discovering a village in the town. We saw the impressive Blue Mosque and got a wonderful view of the skyline of Hamburg's old and new towns. I think I prefer the old... it has much more character. We went by green parks and over old bridges until we reached the most colorful district of St. Georg. We were gone for a lovely three hours and I felt rejuvenated by the exercise - 12 km - and the wonderful coffee break we had along the way. I think we all had a marvelous time. I was happy to spend time with Prosperous Snow celebrating , Jellyfish-Vote Green on May 2! , Spacecat and Sally .

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g187331-d8511870-Reviews-Hamburg_Au...
http://www.hamburg-auskenner.de/hamburg-alster-radtour-die-erholungsoase-mitten-...

It was only two o'clock when we ditched our bikes and headed for a wee bit of lunch. We found ourselves at Pauline Cafe Restaurant Catering. I enjoyed a large mixed salad with teriyaki turkey. It was scrumptious. The coffee was very good as well. It was nice to sit down in their comfortable cushions.
http://www.pauline-hamburg.de/

After a delightful meal, we continued to wander looking for shops to browse. I found my postcard and jotted out a wee note for myself before mailing it home. I have done well to find and send one from each of our destinations.

Dinner was at 7:00pm this evening at Restaurant Hala. This was the same restaurant as last night.... but whatever, the food was delicious and the service top notch. Everyone gathered to share what their day had been like and what they had experienced. I love this times to touch base with everyone and make plans for the night.
Lebanese, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Middle Eastern, Gluten Free
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187331-d3929905-Reviews-Restauran...

For the more adventurous of our group, Lyn's a sly fox arranged for an evening in Hamburg's famous red light district. There are rumours it equals Amsterdam's. The street is lined with restaurants, night clubs, discotheques and bars. There are also strip clubs, sex shops, brothels, a sex museum and similar businesses.
https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/de-wallen-amsterdam-patpong-thailand-pas...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeperbahn

I decided to go have another chance to return to the game club - Hidden In Hamburg. I really wanted to do the "SCANDAL AROUND ROSIE" and it could be found in the Rothenbaumchaussee". Afterward, around 9:30 pm, I caught up with the Pub Crawl group and checked out 5 bars.... with a drink at each.... oh, my.... I will be feeling this tomorrow!
I got to visit clubs that hosted the Beatles, great pubs, bars, luxury lounges and the red light district. There was an on-the-house welcome drink at each venue and special discounts at each place. I got to stroll through the exciting red light district and the infamous Reeperbahn, and visit 5 exclusive venues. My professional party guide, tjhe master of fun, was there to entertain us and to show us a mix of German bars, select clubs and luxurious cocktail lounges. It was a 5-hour pub crawl. I danced until my feet hurt. Such fun.
https://www.expedia.ca/things-to-do/pub-crawl.a223398.activity-details?srp=true&...

It was after 3 am when I crawled into bed. Oh, what a day it was.


© Copyright 2016 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890489-Hamburg-Germany---Day-21-Virtual-Europe