*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890637-Thoughtful-Tuesday-Contemplations-of-a-quirky-mind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#890637 added August 23, 2016 at 1:09pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughtful Tuesday: Contemplations of a quirky mind
Tuesday, August 23, 2016


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 898
Do you think being grateful for what we have and accepting things as they are can be in conflict with our ambition and our working toward making things better?

Gratitude and Beaver Dams

Being thankful for what you have doesn't mean you have to accept things as they are because nothing ever remains the same. Live is a river that is continually moving toward the sea. Sometimes the river or one of its tributaries is momentarily blocked by a landslide or beaver dam, but this isn't permanent. Some of the water finds its way through the beaver dam to continue moving toward the sea. If a bolder stops the flow then the river finds away to flow around, under, or through the bolder. Even in human created dams some water flows out into the river. Gratitude is being thankful for what you have while continuing to move toward your ultimate goal.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1378
Use the following words in a story or poem: doll, acquit, quirky, eagle, repel, massive, ice-cream, arrange

Thoughtful Contemplations of a Quirky Mind

As I thoughtfully contemplate gratitude on this Thoughtful Tuesday, I realize that my definition of the word as change over the years. Today gratitude is a hot cup of coffee sipped from a writing.com mug while I stand in front of the open door watching dawn turn into day. When I was a child it was a tea party held at the kitchen table with Grandma Mary and my favorite doll. Thinking about gratitude has gotten me to think about other things in my life, such as ice-cream. This delicious desert, like my definition of gratitude, has changed. At one time there were only three choices: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Today there are at least 101 different flavors of ice-cream, which makes choosing an ice-cream cone difficult.


All right, I have a quirky mind. According to Oxford Dictionaries1 the definition of quirky is "characterized by peculiar or unexpected traits", which probably explains my weird sense of humor. It may also explain my lousy sense of direction, but the jury is still out on this subject. I didn't begin this response with my sense of direction, I think I set out to show some of the aspects of my quirky mind and weird sense of humor. Unfortunately, I have to go refill my mug with coffee which means that the next few paragraphs will have very little to do with the subject I began discussing. They, may however, demonstrate either my quirky mind or weird sense of humor.

My boat of thought sank when I went to get more coffee. So let me start at the rest of this response by attempting to arrange my thoughts in a coherent order. That may be difficult this morning because my mind want to repel any logical arrangement of anything. I think it may have something to do with last night's rain. It rained in my neighborhood either late Monday night or early this morning. The rain didn't wake me up. I didn't know it rained until I went outside for my walk around the block and saw the puddle of water under my window. The water dripped from the rental sign hanging on the side of the building. There are seven apartments in this building with four of them occupied. One of the unoccupied apartments is ready for tenants while the other two still need a bit of work. I know one of the unoccupied apartments needs a new water heater because the maintenance guy put the water heater from that apartment into the one I'm living in.

Since I have three more words to use in this response let me acquaint you with the search engine I'm using. I changed to Bing because every two searches I receive one credit in my account. I haven't decided what I want to use it for yet because I can't see anything under 500 credits that I want.

Please acquit the eagle
for the massive amounts of rabbits
and mice he catches to feed his family.

Footnotes
1  http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890637-Thoughtful-Tuesday-Contemplations-of-a-quirky-mind