*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890711-It-Seemed-Like-a-Good-Idea-at-the-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#890711 added August 24, 2016 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time
Wednesday, August 24, 2016

 I walked alone  (ASR)
Prompt: "Hello darkness, my old friend" Line Count: 16
#2094261 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1379
"But why did you go there in the first place?"

It Seemed Like a Good Idea

"But why did you go there in the first place?"

"I went there for the same reason I go anyplace! It seemed like a good idea at the time. I realize that isn't a reason or even a good excuse, but it's why I went."

"I suppose if you were standing on a cliff and you thought it was a good idea to jump off then you'd jump off."

"Only if I had a parachute attached to my back. I don't have a desire to commit suicide, either intentionally or unintentionally. I'm not looking the win the Darwin Award. In fact, I don't think I'm qualified to win that award."

"Why?"

"One of the rules states that you can't have fathered or given birth to a child. I gave birth to a daughter in the last century."

"Just because you're not qualified to win the Darwin award doesn't mean you can't be killed doing something stupid or going somewhere you're not supposed to be."

"Don't attempt to frighten me. I could git hit by a car walking across the street to mail a letter."

"There isn't any reasoning with you is there?"

"There is if you present good logical reasons!"

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890711-It-Seemed-Like-a-Good-Idea-at-the-Time