*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891059-London---Day-2---Day-28-Virtual-Europe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#891059 added August 29, 2016 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
London - Day 2 - Day 28 Virtual Europe
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

August 28 - London – Day 2

Lyn's a sly fox remembered how much Princess Megan Rose 22 Years loves Jane Austin.... and I do too! She had us booked for a day long adventure into the rurals of England which includes a visit to Jane Austen's house. We also got to enjoy the delights of Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and the towns of Lacock and Bath. Our began very early, as the tour was scheduled to leave Victoria Coach Station at 7:45 am. It was lovely to be in an air conditioned coach and our guide was very informative.
Windsor Castle, the world’s oldest occupied castle, is still used by Queen Elizabeth II and the royal family. We got to see St George’s Chapel and the State Apartments, then we continued to Stonehenge, Europe’s best-known prehistoric monument. It was awesome... though we were not able to get too close. I am sure there are some of our group that would only have been too happy to climb up and around them. You know who you are.... and I am one too.
Afterward we got to enjoy a traditional pub lunch in medieval Lacock village. It was really good food and the village was quaint and picturesque. It is considered one of England’s prettiest spots. The 13th-century village has starred in period TV drama adaptations such as Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, as well as movies such as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone! Both of those are favourites of mine! We headed into The George Inn - a welcoming, 14th-century pub, and savor a delicious, traditional English lunch.
Then it was on to the spa city of Bath. It is famous for its honey-colored Georgian architecture and Roman baths.
We did not return to London until 8:30 pm.

Read more about Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Including Pub Lunch in Medieval Village of Lacock - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Stonehenge-Windsor-Castle-Bath-and-Medieval-...

Most of the group headed off to the Faulty Towers Dining Experience, but I was more interested in seeing something different... I managed to get tickets to see Les Miserables. I had never gotten to see it before, but I love the music. I got wonderful seats.

https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Les-Miserables-Theater-Show/d737-3517LONLES

I was quite tired afterward so I headed back to the hotel to take a soothing bath and just relax.


© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891059-London---Day-2---Day-28-Virtual-Europe