*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891060-London---Day-3---Day-29-Virtual-Europe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#891060 added August 29, 2016 at 9:13pm
Restrictions: None
London - Day 3 - Day 29 Virtual Europe
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

August 29 - London - Day 3

Lyn's a sly fox had the group booked into the Hop On Hop Off bus for the day. I extended mine for the full three days... nobody said I had to return on the last day of the month! I also decided to defect from the day's adventure a bit because I had found a trip.... A fully guided tour of Warner Bros Studio - London - The Making of Harry Potter. I did not want to miss this opportunity as I am a fan of Harry Potter and all things magical. So I grabbed my wand (yes, it was stored in my secret magical portion of my backpack) and my owl (yes, you have heard the occasional hooting from my room)and headed off for a journey to Hogwarts and beyond. We left just after 9 am and I took a train directly from central London to the studio, where I was greeted by a representative and taken on an immersive journey featuring original sets, props and costumes featured in all eight Harry Potter movies! I got to go to Platform 9 ¾ and Diagon Alley, Hagrid’s Hut and Dumbeldore’s office. I was quite literally transported directly to J.K. Rowling’s beloved world of wizardry.
I got to hear set secrets and behind-the-scene facts I got to see sets and props from all eight of the Harry Potter films, including the Great Hall, the Hogwarts Express and Eeylops Owl Emporium! I got to enjoy a taste of Butterbeer - really very yummy! When the tour was completed at about 1:30, I got to stay as long as I wanted and got priority re-entry into the studio after I headed out to grab a bit of lunch.
I also made sure tto buy some Harry Potter memorabilia. You know I got a Gryffindor Scarf and a Polo shirt! The perfect day... I almost hated to head back to London, but I was missing the gang and tonight was a pub crawl. I did not want to miss that.

Read more about Fully Guided Tour of Warner Bros Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Fully-Guided-Tour-Warner-Bros-Studio-Tour-Lo...

https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/

Once I returned back to London, I had some time on the Hop On Hop Off bus to explore - I went to Covent Garden to shop.... gotta get some back to school stationery - Kikki.K (http://www.kikki-k.com/)
https://www.coventgarden.london/shopping
...but I also made sure to make it to Piccadilly Circus to meet the group for the pub crawl at 7:30 pm. The next seven hours were a blast!

We partied into the early hours on this fun pub crawl of central London and got to experience the city’s legendary nightlife. We had free skip-the-line entry to five bars and nightclubs. We got five free shots and exclusive drink discounts all night long. There’s a professional photographer on hand to capture the night’s most memorable moments, but I made myself scarce when he showed up.

The night kicked off at Piccadilly Institute – a bit of a schizophrenic giant of a club with its multiple themed rooms and discounted drinks. Our guide was waiting for us right at the door - what a great job! Once we got our wristbands and first free shot token, we went inside to meet the other crawlers. Most of the groups was our crew but there were a few others. It was great to meet lots of new people and party until the early hours. Our guide introduced us all.
The next place was Bar Soho on Old Compton Street, which is right in the middle of the diverse and celebrated area of Soho. The short walk there takes you along Shaftesbury Avenue and right past all the huge West End theatres. What sights. The air was abuzz with excitement.
Then we headed off to the bars and clubs of Leicester Square, which is without a doubt the epicentre of London nightlife!

The majority of bars and clubs in London charge heavy admission prices, but we were able to do the pub crawl without having to pay those exorbitant fees.... plus we got a free shot at each venue and discounted drinks... that is the way to do it. The best thing was the people watching!

Read more about Pub Crawl of Central London - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Pub-Crawl-of-Central-London/d737-9075P1?pub=...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Piccadilly_Circus_Dawn_BLS.jpg

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891060-London---Day-3---Day-29-Virtual-Europe