*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891380-The-number-16--Birthday-Adventures-into-Fun
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#891380 added September 2, 2016 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
The number 16 & Birthday Adventures into Fun
Blog City – Day 908

16 is the hot topic for WDC. Let's talk about the number...where were you, 16 minutes, 16 hours ago, 16 days ago, 16 months ago, 16 years ago? Are there any similarities?

16 minutes ago I was writing a poem for the Fireside Poetry Slam contest. 16 hours ago I was sending out an email to a friend so she could pass on my resume to her Vice Principal. 16 days ago I was on a Virtual vacation doing a private walking tour in Prague followed by a beer and tapas walking tour in the evening - but really I was blogging and researching the wonders and sights of Prague on Google. 16 months ago I was wondering what I was going to do as my husband told me he no longer wanted to spend time with me and was going on adventures without inviting me. 16 years ago I was planning my wedding....

16 minutes from now.... I will be heading out for a walk to clear my head. 16 hours from now I will be trying to sleep, 16 days from now I will be supplying with fresh faced children and enjoying their antics. 16 years from now I will be a stronger person for having made it on my own.

Happy 16th Birthday WDC. I am grateful everyday for your support and encouragement. Thank you for all you do.... bringing like minded souls who love to write, together so that they may improve their craft. A place to give voice to the feelings and emotions that both weigh us down and lift us up. I can look forward to my future because I have you in my corner.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge

Fun Fact Friday!
As you're all obviously aware, yesterday WDC turned 16 (which is ancient in internet years!). Now's your chance to plug some of the birthday events you're hosting and/or taking part in.

I was feeling rather overwhelmed by all the things to do. Luckily the Paper Doll Gang sent me their stuff early so I was prepared for their contributions.... I stumbled on the Racing Car challenge. I had not planned to go away that weekend or not have no internet for two days.... I didn't even get out of the gate, but I have made up for it with Smiling Skies and hopefully the Fireside Poetry Slam. I have done the 16 word nonfiction story and tried my hand at listing movies and songs with the number 1 - 16 in them.

I usually do a daily story and or poem contest but I don't see one.... I am not feeling particularly creative right now anyway.... but I will surely have fun.

I plan on reviewing more this month.



© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891380-The-number-16--Birthday-Adventures-into-Fun