*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891389-Fun-Fact-Friday-Happy-16th-Birthday-Writingcom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#891389 added September 2, 2016 at 6:22pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: Happy 16th Birthday Writing.com
Friday, September 2, 2016

Happy 16th Birthday Writing.com

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
As you're all obviously aware, yesterday WDC turned 16 (which is ancient in internet years!). Now's your change to plug some of the birthday events you're hosting and/or taking part in.

I am taking part in the seven day review challenge "Invalid Item. Yesterday I posted four reviews. Today I will do another four reviews. My daily review goal is four reviews plus a newbie review. I have looked at the other contests and challenges, I know I will enter one of them before September 4, but I am not sure which one just yet. I still have several chapters in Scavengers to finish editing and I wanted to have that completed by the end of September. I am also behind in the 44 stories I am supposed to write this year. I have half finished and about a couple of three more started. The problem is that I look at a prompt or a story and my mind goes blank. Perhaps I need to just start writing without worrying about what I am writing.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 908
16 is the hot topic for WDC. Let's talk about the number...where were you, 16 minutes, 16 hours ago, 16 days ago, 16 months ago, 16 years ago? Are there any similarities?

Where was I? Sixteen minutes ago I was staring at my power bill thanking God that it was only $81.00. I have NV Energy (formally Nevada Power) even out the bill a couple of three months ago. This means that for six months I will pay $81.00 until the review it again and divide it by twelve. I know the bill will go up, but I can worry about that when the time comes. Right now I have more immediate financial matters to focus on. Actually I do not have to deal with any more bills until September 15 because I have enough money in the bank to cover everything I know about is debited. Which brings me to what I was doing 16 hours ago and I am sure that had something to do with finances as well.


Where was I? Sixteen days ago I was taking a virtual backpacking trip through Europe. That was fun. I like virtual vacations because I can stay home and take them. A virtual vacation is not like a staycation. On a staycation I stay home and every once in a while do something vacationy in Las Vegas. A virtual vacation lets me stay home and imagine I am doing something vacationy across the country or the world.

Where was I? Sixteen months ago and sixteen years ago I was in Las Vegas doing whatever it was I was doing. I know that sixteen years ago I was living with my mother. I think my the year 2000, my mother and I lived in the Money Trap on Bracken Avenue, so I or rather we were probably figuring out how to pay an outrageous power bill. Mom and I could also have been trying to get something done with the back yard or we could have been going out to eat. I prefer to think we were going out to eat somewhere nice rather then dealing with oleanders and other weeds in the back yard.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1388
16 is the hot topic for WDC. Let's talk about your AHA moment when you were 16, 32, 48, or 64? Were there any parallels that come to mind? Inquiring minds want to know.

What were my AHA moments when I was 16, 32, 48, or 64? I do not wish to be sixteen again. I do not want to go through teenage angst or deal with bullies ever again. Actually my AHA moment is that I am glad there are no time machines I would not want to live my life over again. I think that was my AHA moment at 64 year old AHA moment. I do not remember what brought it on, but I am thankful everyday that I cannot go back in time and live my life over again.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891389-Fun-Fact-Friday-Happy-16th-Birthday-Writingcom