*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891443-Creation-Saturday-Poems-and-Stories
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#891443 added September 3, 2016 at 4:15pm
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Poems and Stories
Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Creation Saturday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Pick an apocalyptic event, and tell us how you plan on surviving it.

Author's Note or Warning: I didn't respond to this prompt in the expected way. The reason for this is that today, September 3, neither my mind nor my muse is capable of focusing on the negative. Therefore, I wrote an acrostic poem with the title of Apocalypse. I mention some past apocalyptic events and give links to find then in the footnotes. I hope no one is disappointed because I decided to take a different path to respond to this prompt. Happy reading and write on.


Apocalypse

Am I going to survive an event that destroys the entire human race or the
Planet Earth? I like to think I will or at least my soul will ascend into paradise.
Over-thinking fuels apocalyptic fears and engenders predictions of the end of the world.
Christ's return was predicted by William Miller for either March 22 or October 22 of 1844:
Apocalypse, the end of the world, the end of a age resulted in The Great Disappointment of 18441.
Looking back over the history of the last one-hundred years, I see that each
Year one or more apocalyptic events are predicted. How many of these events occur or destroy humanity?
Past apocalypses - Five Apocalyptic Events the Human Race Managed to Survive2 -
Show that humanity can survive through luck, divine intervention, or a quirk of our genetic code.
Each apocalyptic even is another chance for humanity's survival instinct to kick in.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradiseprompt for DAY 909
Ian McEwan assumed a fetal position in his most recent publication Nutshell. He was discussing with his very pregnant daughter-in-law about the baby when it came to mind this opening line--
"So here I am,upside down in a woman." I'd like you to begin your entry with the same opening line.and take it anyway you want... have fun!

So here I am, upside down in a woman.

So here I am, upside down in a woman. Here I rest waiting to see the light and unable to sing the blues or for that matter talk to anyone except myself. I can hear her singing, laughing, and sometimes she even talks to me. I try to answer her back especially when she says "I love you, my little bundle of joy!" I want to tell her I lover her too, but my tongue refuses to form the words that are in my mind. I know what I want to say. I want to say "I love you, too." The only thing that comes out of my mouth is Goo Goo. I hope she doesn't think that I think that her name is Goo Goo. I'm pretty sure her name is Mama, although the guy that kisses her every morning when he leaves the house or every evening when he returns call her "Honey" or "Sweetheart". So her name could be Honey Sweetheart, but I think I like Mama better.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1388
You arrived on the thirteenth floor of the office building downtown for a job interview. This interview was important to you and you checked the address again. The entire floor was dark except for a light that peered out from under a door at the end of the hall. Slowly the door creaked opened and a low eerie voice invited you in. What did you do?

Walking into the Unknown

A chill crawls up my spine as a whisper a prayer of protection. Next I take several deep cleansing breaths trying the place the scent that wafts into the hallway from the open door. It isn't an unpleasant scent because it remind me of an aroma I've experienced before, but I can't put a name to the scent or a date to the experience. I straighten my spine so that I'm standing as tall as my 5'5" body will let me as I march down the hall and into the room. There sitting at a kitchen table (which reminds me of the one in my Grandparent's kitchen in Blackwell, Oklahoma) is Grandpa Frank rolling a cigarette. Now I place the aroma, it's the scent of Prince Albert Fine Smoking Tobacco mixed with Old Spice (Grandpa's favorite aftershave).


Footnotes
1  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment
2  http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/02/07/five-apocalyptic-events-human-race-managed...


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891443-Creation-Saturday-Poems-and-Stories