*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891743-My-Character-On-A-Cartoon--Going-Home
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#891743 added September 7, 2016 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
My Character On A Cartoon & Going Home
30 Day Blogging Challenge


War Chest Wednesday! A prompt from a previous challenger...
Imagine yourself staring in your favorite cartoon. What role would you play and how would the episode turn out?


How long has it been since I watched a cartoon? And be a character in it.

I do like the old cartoon, but they are predominately male and I refuse to be a girlfriends to someone else.... so I am looking for something that uplifts and supports girl power without being condescending or patronizing....
I managed to find this little gem:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/dc-super-hero-girls/dc-super-hero-girls-supe...

"Believe in your super self"

Who would I be in this cartoon? What would my superpowers be? What would I look like? I know I would fit in... these heroes all work together and build on each others strengths - that is a good message.

The pen is mightier than the sword.... I would use my words to sculpt and bring beauty and positivity to the world around me. My words would make people think and bring people together - use your words not your fists. I could be a negotiator, when needed. My pen would be from my fingers and my mind would control the colours and the fonts. I could also sing out the words if I was bound. Able to heal the sorrowful and defeated with kind words and images; able to celebrate the defenders of the realm; able to bring people together and smile with gratitude.

I would look much as I do now - though younger would be nice. My costume would be my WDC T-shirt and a pair of leggings of midnight and cobalt blue that shimmer with stars. My boots - comfortable hikers. My jacket a denim blue jean with a cool creative writing logo blossoming out on the back. I'd also wear bookish tortoiseshell rimmed glasses to accentuate my big blue eyes. On one baby finger I would wear a silver celtic ring and around my neck a sterling silver celtic cross.

Helios Border Knot
If you trace the path of the line around this knot, you find that it flows in a gentle sine wave, and then suddenly turns back, zig-zags, and then continues on its way. This pattern suggests a way of moving through life. There are cycles of flowing gracefully ahead, and there are cycles of looking back and reviewing, and perhaps re-experiencing from a new viewpoint, integrating, or at least slowing down to really behold, and look the beauty around us.

Like this, only without the white pearl and in a ring form. I wear it, but I can't find a picture of it....
http://www.celticjewelry.com/helios-pearl-pendant.html

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 913

Prompt: They say you can't go home again. Do you agree or disagree?

I agree you can't go home again.
Times change. Nothing stays as it was. The memories we hold dear in our mind's eye are true to form, but they are captured moments - like a photograph, bound within the confines of time and space.

Going back we see the changes and feel the pain of moments lost, but they are bittersweet, held in that time as we gaze on the reality of now and wonder where it all went.

My hometown has taken on the times. Gone is my childhood home - burned down and replaced by a new family in a two story house built up and sticking out along the line of bungalows. Odd it seems. Out of place. Different.... but no longer mine. Now others play and live there. The people that lived there when I was a child have moved on as well... families have grown up and moved away to start their own families. Age fills in the time as we see those people again. they are more grey, wrinkled with age and experience.

My grandparent's farm, a haven of my childhood, now sinks back into the wilderness around it. Trees and foliage have claimed it and time breaks what once was, into a shabby reality of now. The walls break away and sag, even the outhouse is on its side and the stench is gone. You have to fight the vegetation to even find it now. I mourn the loss of the place as much as I mourn the lost of my sweet Grandmother - Gramzie.

My favourite bookshop still stands, but the owners have retired and a 'For Sale' sign sulks over what was. I have found a new bookshop in town, and though I like it, it is very different. Gone is the old book smell, the well worn wooden floors, lines of books from floor to ceiling. Now there is bestsellers and a view. There is a coffee bar with tables and chairs. There is a room for gaming Dungeons and Dragons kind of things.... all very cool, but different.

The old buildings stand in town, but new shops have taken over. The old library stands amid it all - closed on Sunday and Monday and not open most days until eleven. The hotel stands... but is boarded up. The post office looks the same, but the rush and bustle of people is missing. It is no longer a central hub. Even the snack bar at the beach is gone.... and the lake is empty because the water is too dirty. Even with the saw mill dumping its debris when I was a child we still swam... now a few extra water birds and the town says 'No." Gone is the spinning carousel - too dangerous - and the playgrounds that have been put in to replace what once was, are now closed so that the spongy 'tarmac' can be put down so children don't hurt themselves. there is nothing wrong with skinned knees.... we just need parents to watch their children - not tune out on their cell phones.

I know change is inevitable, but even at my age... not yet half a century, I feel old beyond my time. Going home, ages me and makes me miss what was....

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891743-My-Character-On-A-Cartoon--Going-Home