*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892088-Motivational-Monday-Motherly-Advice-Happiness-and-Slang
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892088 added September 12, 2016 at 5:17pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Motherly Advice, Happiness, and Slang
Monday, September 12, 2016

*CoffeeT* Goals for the week of September 12-16.
         *Box* Review at least four items each day with one written by a newbie.
         *Box* Write and submit a story/poem to a contest for Week 7: September 12 - 18 "I Write in August-September-October
         *Box* Finish at least one story for the 44 short stories I'm writing this year.
         *Box* Edit/rewrite at least one chapter of "Scavengers
         *Box* Submit Write World poem.

The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
My mother, born on this day back in 1954, once told me when I was young, "It doesn't matter what you do when you grow up; just make me proud." What's the best piece of advice your mother (or other strong female presence in your life) has given you?

What is the best piece of advice my mother ever gave me? "Neva, you can do anything you set your mind on." That was her spoken advice, she gave me other advice through the was she lived her life. I know Mom wasn't perfect, but she didn't let the mistakes she made hold her back. No matter what happened Mom continued to move forward attempting to feed, shelter, and cloth four children as a single mother. Since we lived in Blackwell, Mom did get some help from her parents. If Mom was afraid because of finances or some other reason, she never showed it to her children and she just kept moving forward until she found a solution to her problem.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 918
Sanskrit word Muditā means the pleasure that comes from delighting in other people's well-being. In what ways, do you think, muditā could help a person’s enjoyment of life?

Can muditā help a person enjoy life? Yes, if the person has the proper attitude toward their fellow human being. Muditā won't help a selfish person delight or be happy with another individual's well being because a selfish person will be jealous. Muditā is one of those attributes that is achieved and expressed by degrees. A person can delight in the well-being of family and friends, but not in that of strangers or perceived enemies. As the individual matures spiritually the ability to express this concept will expand until it takes in the entire human race.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1398
I found this article in The Huffington Post "These 50 American Slang Words Are In Danger Of Disappearing" {link:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/these-50-american-slang-words-are-in-danger-of-disappearing_us_57d2ba4ae4b06a74c9f423dd?section=§ion=us_weird-news}. Pick one or more of the fifty words listed at the end of the article and use it/them in a story or poem.

During monsoon season in the desert southwest,
beware the Frog strangler
and the Goose drownder
because these Trash movers
cause flash floods
that can carry your car away.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892088-Motivational-Monday-Motherly-Advice-Happiness-and-Slang