*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892155-Talk-Tuesday-School-Days-and-Creative-Writing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892155 added September 13, 2016 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: School Days and Creative Writing.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016


The Talk Tuesday prompt for {it
School's back in session pretty much everywhere now, so tell us...what were your best and worst subjects when you were a student?

My worst subject was math and my best subject was, if I remember correctly, English or writing. It seems like school was a long time ago in a galaxy far away. I went to grade school, junior high (middle school), and first year of high school in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I graduated from high school in Shawnee, Oklahoma. I didn't go to college until I arrived in Las Vegas. I graduated from the Community College of Southern Nevada and then I graduated from UNLV. After that I got my masters degree on line. I became my mother's care giver in 2008 or 2009 and had to get out of the workforce. I haven't been back to school since. I suppose I could list all of my regrets of the past few years here, but I won't because this morning I'm attempt to keep a positive attitude.


Praise the Lord
School is back in session
The neighborhood children
Are waiting for the bus
Or walking in gaggles to school.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 919
“Permission to Begin. Courage to Continue. Forgiveness to Try Again.” In your opinion, how do these phrases relate to the creative writing process?

First, you have to give yourself permission to excavate the archaeological remains of yesterday's mistakes. Second, you have to give yourself permission to write those down and then rework them into a poem, short story, or novel. Third, you have to have the courage to continue even when the ink you are using to write is drawn from your jugular vein and you're bleeding out onto the paper or keyboard. Fourth, you have to learn to forgive yourself for mixing the truth with your illusions so that you have a story that catches the reader's imagination. Fifth, you have to continue writing until your fingers can no longer hold the pen or you wear the letter off the keyboard and can't remember which key generates which letter.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892155-Talk-Tuesday-School-Days-and-Creative-Writing