*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892528-Pay-It-Forward--Miracles-Are-Thoughts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#892528 added September 19, 2016 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
Pay It Forward & Miracles Are Thoughts
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Motivational Monday!
Newspaper columnist Mike Royko, born on this day back in 1932, once said, "Hollywood is right. A good and strong movie can have a more powerful social impact than any and all political speeches or newspaper editorials and columns." Tell us about a movie that has had a more profound impact on you in terms of politics, social justice, morality, or just plain old "doing the right thing".


Pay It Forward.



Do I need to say more?



Big or small, an act of kindness goes a long way to making the world a better place.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 925

Prompt: β€œMiracles are thoughts. Thoughts can represent the lower or bodily level of experience or the higher or spiritual level of experience. One makes the physical, and the other creates the spiritual.” The Course of Miracles
What are your views on thoughts being miracles?


Think and do or think and expand.

We are our thoughts, our perceptions... we create our reality within our minds. Our thoughts are then acted out in the real physical world.
Thoughts can also help us heal our bodies and connect us to something far greater than ourselves... in doing so, we are able to find peace in this chaotic world.
One could see this as a way of making miracles.... I suppose.

From this article - http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/book-reviews/excerpts/view/18133/understa...

"One of the first conclusions that can be drawn from these principles is that ACIM [A Course In Miracles] does not generally treat the miracle as a rare, spectacular event that proves the existence of God or the correctness of faith. The Course does not deny the possibility of spectacular miracles, or the capacity of human beings to produce them. In fact, it asserts that 'few appreciate the real power of the mind, and no one remains fully aware of it all the time. . . . It is hard to recognize that thought and belief combine into a power surge that can literally move mountains.' (CH2, VI, 9) But the Course is primarily interested in miracles as the optimal vehicle of relationship: miracles are 'expressions of love' and 'natural signs of forgiveness' that heal the human condition of 'isolation, deprivation and lack.'

In a way, the concept of Paying It Forward ties itself to this concept of 'miracle making' - by reaching out and helping others we inadvertently send out ripples of love into the universe.

The Course bits themselves:
http://www.miraclecenter.org/a-course-in-miracles/T-1.I.php

Wrapping my mind around these thoughts seems huge, complicated even, until I just let it be.... and let the thoughts have their own way. Doing that let's go of my Ego's wish to make sense of things and let's me come into alignment with the Holy Spirit's way of making sense of things - and that is in love. Doing things for others is done out of love and forgiveness of human foibles. Doing the right thing spreads God's love.
Another way to say this -Think and do is Ego Thought; Think and expand is letting in the Holy Spirit and letting it flow through you...

I don't know. I need to take a break in thoughts and go take a walk. Clear out the fuzzy thoughts and make way for the clear ones.


© Copyright 2016 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892528-Pay-It-Forward--Miracles-Are-Thoughts