*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892840-Jetsons--Success-and-Failure
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#892840 added September 24, 2016 at 2:00am
Restrictions: None
Jetsons & Success and Failure
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Fun Fact Friday!
On this day in 1962, the classic outer space cartoon The Jetsons premiered on ABC-TV; it was the first program on the network to be carried in color. Please answer for me the all-important question surrounding this legendary television show: Why, over fifty years later, do we still not have flying cars that we can fold up into briefcases?


Those were cool, but we now have laptops and cell phones. Even our cars have computers - backup cams and some will even park for you. I find it scary how much we rely on our devices. My battery went on my phone yesterday and I needed to get a comparable phone to replace it - free of charge with my protection plan.... I spent over three and a half hours in Best Buy - and most of that was spent without my cell phone. I had to ask someone for the time and borrow a landline phone to call my mother to tell her where I was and to tell her to go ahead with dinner. I felt a little disconnected.... and I don't see myself as overly device dependent - not for my phone anyway. My laptop is another story.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 929

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal:it is the courage to continue that counts."~ Winston Churchill
Agree or Disagree ? Discuss a recent success or failure in your own life. How did you handle it?


I like this quote. Life is an ongoing symphony of successes and losses. Ups and downs. Accomplishments and failures. We learn more from our failures than we do from our successes. Pressure makes diamonds. You find out who you truly are with pressure and chaos.

I read recently (Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton) that chaos is a sifting - It sifts out all the unnecessary stuff and leaves you with what you need to survive and try again. Sometimes we need that. We can't rest on our laurels and expect the world to give us our due. We need to work for it. And accomplishment with hard work and its struggles is sweetness. Accomplishment without working for it leads to entitlement and who wants to hang with people who feel they are entitled to things - I certainly don't. True authenticity comes from facing your battles and rising up out of the ashes. It builds character. That is what makes people interesting.


© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892840-Jetsons--Success-and-Failure