*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892873-How-Much-Is-Too-Much--Ichabod-Crane
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#892873 added September 24, 2016 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
How Much Is Too Much? & Ichabod Crane
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Creation Saturday!
Fill in both blanks with the same word to create your question, and then answer it: How ______ is too ______?

How many is too many?


I have heard there are bylaws for this. In my region you can have only 3 dogs per household, but you can have an indefinite number of cats. But really, how many cats would be too many? I love cats, but for me two is my maximum - for house cats. If you have barn cats, more would be good so long as they are keeping the critter population under control. Life expectancies of barn cats are not too good.... interbreeding happens, as do accidents with farm equipment or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In a house, if you have to move a cat to simply move around that is too many cats. Anyone with more than 5 cats - full adult cats - has too many. My ex-husband's aunt and uncle breed Maine Coon cats.... right now they have nine kittens, as well as several adult cats that they show at Cat Shows. Most, if not all of the kittens will be sold to other Cat Fanciers.... but still.... they have a lot of cats. All well treated 'cat babies'.
If you rescue cats and they are more outside than in, you can certainly have more. There is an author I like, Lori Foster, who puts out cat food for local strays. She has a big property and there are not that many cats.

I have seen people that have so many that they are crawling and sleeping everywhere in a tiny house.... that is just too much.
Keeping them happy and healthy is important. You need to be able to support your cats and not be overrun by them and the smells they have.... too many cats also mean too many cat litter boxes and that could be the worst of it!

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 930

In Washington Irving's story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," Ichabod Crane attends an autumnal harvest feast, where he listens to local townspeople recounting ghost stories. Later that night, on his fateful ride home, he encounters the Headless Horseman. The ending of the story is left open to interpretation: Is the Headless Horseman a ghoulish spirit, or is it actually Crane's rival in love, dressed in disguise and further exaggerated by Crane's haunted, overactive imagination? It's your blog, have fun.

Stories swirl with ghoulish delight
Rackish laughter fills the air
As howls and chilling tales are told
Around the blazing firelight.

As night stretches dark and cold
The gathering disperses, All heading home
with heads so full and brimming
With ghoulish tales that were frighteningly told.

Alone is Ichabod Crane
Upon his horse he sits and trembles
Imagination flares and sparks
As they venture down the cobbled lane.

When from the darkness
On blackened steed
Comes the Headless Horseman
A ghostly ghoul so full of starkness.

Terror reigns, near stops his heart
As Ichabod does turn to flee
No thought is given to real or fake
Just safe passage and a clear head start.

Roaring laughter does pierce the air
As pumpkins pinched with fiery flames
Are flung at him and go grazing past
Ichabod flees to only God knows where.

For me, I think it is the rival of love.... attempting to send Ichabod Crane away.


© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892873-How-Much-Is-Too-Much--Ichabod-Crane