*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894521-A-Date-with-Edgar-Allan-Poe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#894521 added October 14, 2016 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
A Date with Edgar Allan Poe
Blog City - Day 949

If you went on a date with Edgar Allen Poe, how would it go? What would you do? Did the raven join you and Edgar? Would it end in joy or despair?

It's a funny thing about people, just because they write in a certain style does not mean they are like that in real life. Jann Arden sings heartfelt, sad songs... and to see her on stage - she is really quite funny. She has also hosted on some radio and television shows and she is an absolute hoot.
I don't know a lot about Edgar Allen Poe. His stories are dark... I read some in high school and university, as well. The Tell Tale Heart has stayed with me.

I would picture a distinguish man with a raven on his shoulder. Our date would be at an outdoor event, like a fall fair or carnival of sorts. Edgar and I would be delighted by the goings on... each of us enjoying each others company, but also gathering images, sights and smells for our own tales.... mine would be fanciful, his would be ghoulishly grand. We may even take a moment to enjoy some popcorn and tell back stories of the people around us.... Edgarr's would be darkly divine... and almost chillingly believable. He would laugh at my whimsical attempts and point out things I had not seen myself... he, being a far keener observer of human kind.

I do believe the day would end on a happy note... who would not want to spend time and learn from a master of the chilling tales. His laughter a reminder that we are not all we present to the world... but a myriad of complexities that makes for good story telling.

And for something slightly different.... some Canadian humour....


© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894521-A-Date-with-Edgar-Allan-Poe