*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894527
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#894527 added October 14, 2016 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Day 14 - Minor Character Background Story & Calculations
Friday, Oct. 14
Required: Minor Character Background Story โ–ผ
Write a background story about any character.

I have chosen to write about Cassie. She is Taygen's teaching partner and she eventually gets Taygen hired in to a half time contract position. Carrie has three young children. She is just returning from maternity leave with her last bundle of joy and has decided to only come back half time for the ffirst little while. Taygen is hired into an LTO to work the mornings in her classroom. They hit it off really well and work seemlessly well. Becausse of this Cassie extends her leave until the end of the school year. At that time, Cassie decides that she and her husband are comfortable with her working part time while the children are small... for at least another five years, but the condition is that Taygen be her teaching partner. Taygen is hired on.
Cassie is a teaching friend of a teacher that Taygen did an LTO for over at Prueter Public School the year before. Prueter is a challenging, yet wonderful school... much like Suddaby. It is this teacher that suggests Taygen for the position... which gets the principal to consider her resume when looking for candidates.
Taygen is finding, without Carson around, she focuses on her teaching career and is able to make these vital connections to other teachers. It is Cassie who is also friends with Myra and recommends Taygen as a potential house mate. This kind of networking is what Taygen needs to get into the system.
Cassie has been teaching at Suddaby for the past twelve years.... minus the three maternity leaves she has had... she loves the school and the staff there.
Cassie is not overly comfortable with working with just anyone.... that is why she is pleasantly surprised that she and Taygen are such a good fit. She was not sure she would like going down to half time, but she finds with her children all under the age of six - it is getting to be a real challenge to get things up and running in the morning. Her oldest is in Kindergarten, her middle child is two and a half and then the baby is just a year that summer. She does not feel she could give her students what they need and deserve with that much going on... maybe in five years when her youngest starts school, but for now she appreciates the gift she has been given having Taygen.

Bonus: Writing Time Calculation โ–ผ
Use a stopwatch to time your writing speed while you write the Minor Character Background Story. If you don't have one, type "timer" into a Google search and click on the "STOPWATCH" tab. (If timing your writing gives you anxiety, hide the timer while you write. This is just to estimate how much time you need to set aside each day in November.)
Calculate how long it will take to write 1,667 words every day:
STEP 1:
Proceed with writing your story, and then note both the time it took to complete the story and your final word count.

STEP 2:
In a new Google search, type:
=1667/XXX*YY (replace XXX with your word count and YY with your stopwatch minutes.)

=1667/136*5
It comes out to 61 minutes.... yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

The number Google gives is the number of minutes you will need each day in November to write 50,000 words by the end of the month.
Example: If you write 500 words in 15 minutes, type: =1667/500*15 Google gives you 50.01. You will need a little more than 50 minutes each day.

This is interesting.... I have already learned it takes me about an hour and a half a day to write the 1,667 words a day.... but I would like to see how this works....


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894527