*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894747
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#894747 added October 17, 2016 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
Day 17 - Definitions List & Database
Monday, Oct. 17
Required: Definitions List â–¼
Generate a list of relevant definitions for which you'd like to keep track of details.

As an example, here is a possible list of definitions for the Harry Potter series:
* rules of magic
* the Ministry of Magic
* modes of transportation (apparition, Floo network, portkeys, flying, etc.)
* the four Houses at Hogwarts
* the sword of Gryffindor (note: this would also make a good plot background story)

Non-speculative examples requiring definitions:
* a fictional student organization to which your protagonist belongs
* the fictional company or division of the FBI for whom your protagonist works
* the disease afflicting your protagonist, which is a real condition that you need to research
* the antique artifact your protagonist intends to heist

In your definitions list, you'll flesh out details that you'll want to remember later for consistency. You won't have to dig through pages and pages of scribbled notes to find whatever you decided about these definitions - they will all be compiled into a neat list / binder / database / note cards / whatever your favorite form of organization happens to be.

Bonus: Definitions Database â–¼
Compile your definitions list into a format that is easy to update (see "Character Database" assignment for ideas.) Keep your list handy for future updates throughout the Prep.

I have looked over my scrivener file for the first part of this story and I don't see a great deal of definitions. My story is contemporary... it does not have a lot of defined bits.
I know I need to know the hours of the bookshop she works in - the bookshop is 9 am to 9:30 pm (+ half hour clean up and count cash = 10 pm) most days; The cafe is open the same except on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Bookshelf Hours
----Bookstore---- Monday-Saturday: 9:00am until 9:30 pm; Sunday: 10:30am until 8:00pm
----Cinema---- See the Bookshelf Cinema schedule
----eBar---- Tuesday-Thursday: 5:00pm until 10:00pm (unless there is an event and then closing time is later!); Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm until 2:00am
See the Bookshelf schedule of events here

The Bookshelf is a downtown meeting place: book store, cinema, eBar, live music, author events, and food & dining all in one location! Our book store offers current and backlist fiction and non-fiction; greeting cards for all occasions; a huge magazine rack; tables of bargain books; and a staff of book-lovers at your service. Our rep cinema shows excellent wide-release, art-house, and foreign films. Our eBar juggles a calendar full of live music, DJ dance nights, and art openings and serves dinner every night.

The cafe is no longer part of the collective.
So for me I need to come up with a 'created' place based on the Bookshelf Cafe. The hours are similar, but I would add the bistro - 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Sunday.
This gives me more leeway with Taygen's hours as she works in the bookshelf... and often fills in at the Bistro and eBar/Greenroom. She may start her shift in one part of the place and shift to another or take someone else's shift to get some extra hours. (like for Christmas and boxing week when school is out - in December) There are probably going to be more Christmas parties that will give her more hours in the eBar. Most of her hours are in the bookshelf itself. With Saturday mornings (once a month) doing a reading and craft activity in the GreenRoom with many children and Terri's help.

She also works at Suddaby Public School which is on Frederick Street. It is an old school with 12 foot ceilings. The staff room is in on the top floor in the top corner towards the back of the building - there is a classroom and cloak room on the way to it and the library is across the hall from it just before you go down the stairs to the side of the building. The bathroom for all students is in the basement as well. The staff bathroom is on the top floor at the opposite end of the school from the staff room. There is also one in the basement. The gym is on the main floor where the center staircase comes out. The front door is not used. Entrance doors are on either side of the building - with the school buzzer on the side closest to the teacher parking lot and Lancaster Street. Additional staff parking is at Bethany Church.

Taygen works with a boy named Kent. He and his family live in Kitchener. They have a house in the area of Prueter Public School - on Louisa Street. Kent is profoundly deaf (he and Taygen sign ASL) he also has cerebral palsy so that his walking gait is lumbered, and he has autistic tendencies. Kent is only fifteen - she has been working with him since he was nine = 6 years. He has two younger brothers (14 and 11) who are both very active in hockey. Kent goes to school in Milton at the school for the deaf so he does not arrive home until 4:30 pm. Taygen works with him on Tuesday nights from 4:30 to 9:30 pm. I am going to say Breithaupt Community Center has leisure swim pool hours from 7:30 to 8:30 on Tuesday nights and Kent loves to go swimming.




Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894747