*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895886-Hold-on-tight-to-WdC
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#895886 added October 29, 2016 at 8:46am
Restrictions: None
Hold on tight to WdC
** Image ID #2099018 Unavailable **

*Right*Creative Saturday: Create something with these words: tree, organize, miniature, car, worship, gaudy, piano, cheer. (BCoFs)

I worship WdC. I cheer a lot at its presence on the World Wide Web. It’s coming to the point that I have to break this somewhat unhealthy habit of entering the site every minute of the day and part of the night. So I make plans to leave the shiny MBs and gaudy awardicons in my portfolio for the day and organize a field trip away from the computer. I have to breathe sometime.

I decide to go to Madurodam, an open air museum with all of the most famous buildings of the Netherlands in miniature. It is fun, it is an outdoor activity and I am actually moving my body instead of sitting still behind a desktop. So win-win. I hope my car won’t crash into a tree on my way over there, that’s all.

But first I check the site again. Ohh…I have to do the prompts for today and enter a contest or two! So I put some piano music on while checking my emails.

Maybe I stay in after all! *BigSmile*

*Right*It's been said," the reason we hold on to something so tight is because we fear something great can't happen twice." Do you agree or disagree? Share with us about a time you held on tight, was it the right thing to do or not, or was it simply fear that paralyzed you. (BC)

I agree. It is fear that makes me squeamish every time something great is happening in my life.

Recently I am totally addicted to WdC because it brings out my Muse every day. I never before have been absorbed by the thought that my computer would break down, but now…every time I have a bad internet connection I think OMG what if I can’t go online today, or tomorrow or ever again because something happened to the server or to my desktop and I haven’t got the money to be able to buy a new one within the day? What will happen if I cannot enter the site? Will it slow down my Muse or worse will my Muse be absent again like in the past during my writer’s block? So, yes, I am holding on tight, enter every day and pray nothing happens to my connection because I would be totally devastated by it.



Day NINTY EIGHT "Give It 100!
 
 
98% complete


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895886-Hold-on-tight-to-WdC