*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895966-The-haunted-elevator
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#895966 added October 30, 2016 at 6:16am
Restrictions: None
The haunted elevator
"Invalid Item
Watch the video below. Use some part of the story or the story as a whole for inspiration to write your own unique story or poem. And be prepared to laugh! https://youtu.be/rS00xWnqwvI

The Haunted Elevator.

It was late at night as we stepped into the elevator and pushed the bottom button down.

The creaky sound of metal against metal started as if the elevator was charging for the ride. But it didn’t move although the door was closed. Another push, nothing happened. The button to open the door again wasn’t functioning either.

We were stuck in a claustrophobic small space with barely room for two, in a building we were not familiar with. I sighed.

Suddenly the elevator moved. With every charge, it jumped down half a meter in a jerking motion. The cabin was slightly shaking. I began to worry.

We looked at each other. What was happening with the elevator?

Then the flight down, with every minute it accelerated, the scraping sounds of metal against a hard surface louder and louder. It was spinning out of control, we were crashing!

We pushed all the buttons now, but nothing happened. We screamed, clinging on to each other, preparing for the worst. I closed my eyes.

Down, down.

It stopped. Somewhere between the six and fifth floor the motion stopped.

The hissing began. First very softly, barely audible, but increasing. Louder.

Shhhh. Shhhhh.

Then the breathing started.

We looked at each other in disbelief.

That’s when the light in the elevator blacked out. It was pitching dark.

The door opened slowly and we saw part of a brick wall; there was barely any light in the shaft.

Help, somebody? Help! Our screams sounded hollow.

A movement behind our backs!

As we turned a dark apparition stood in the corner. Looking at us.

That’s when I fainted!

As I slowly opened my eyes and became conscience again, it dawned me...

There was nobody there, I was alone. My friend had vanished.

I burst into tears of horror.

I sat on the floor crying, as the elevator slowly started moving again. The door wide open.

Down, down. Minute by minute.

I closed my eyes again.

It crashed with a horrible bang!

Word Count: 322
** Image ID #1954951 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895966-The-haunted-elevator