*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896218-Talk-Tuesday-Miscellaneous-Meanderings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#896218 added November 1, 2016 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: Miscellaneous Meanderings
Tuesday, November 1, 2016

NaNoWriMo Day 1

I just finished "Invalid Entry in "Invalid Item. I've taken a different approach this year and gotten off to a good start. I'm doing some personal writing rather then focusing on a novel. I'm writing each chapter in "Invalid Item as a blog entry. The first chapter contains various and random thoughts on the NaNoWriMo writing process mixed with a few other miscellaneous subjects. I've titled each change in subject or theme so that anyone wanting to review that entry can figure out what I was thinking. I put the restriction of Registered Users or Higher on the entry and the book. Today I wrote 2,025 words which is about 4% of the final word count goal.


The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
With Christmas right around the corner (there are only eight more Fridays 'til then!)...do you pick up gifts here and there throughout the year, do you try to get as much as you can in as few trips as possible, or are you a last-minute shopper? And if you don't celebrate Christmas, tell us about your favorite gift-giving occasion.

I don't know if I will be able to compose a response to every prompt from this group or not. Since this morning, the first day of NaNoWriMo, started out so good I'm going to respond today. I don't know how well the rest of the week or month will go because I know I have at least one day I won't be able to log in until late in the evening. If that's the case, my first priority will be finishing the day's NaNo entry before anything else. I know there will be some other interruptions and distractions during November, but I don't think that they will take up the entire day. However, NaNo is my first priority this month so please bare with me and tune in to see how I'm doing.


When do I shop for Christmas gifts? Normally I don't because I don't celebrate Christmas anymore. However, this year I will purchase one gift. I'm not sure what it will be right now. I'm considering either chocolates or a gift card. The gift is for De who does celebrate Christmas. Since this is her holiday she decorates the house however she wants. As for the gift, I know that she loves chocolate and she could probably use a gift card to Albertsons or CVS because she shops at both those stores. In addition, I may send Christmas and Hanukkah cards. I think that will be about all I'm going to do for Christmas 2016.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1447
Use these random words to discuss something on your mind: drip, clinical, regret, contemporary, greed, power, and balloons. It's your blog, make it a rant, a poem, or a story. Have fun.

I regret I've never ridden in balloons,
but I don't regret meditating on the drip of a coffeemaker morning.

Sometimes,
I listen to the clinical meanderings
of my inner critic
while attempting to write a poem;
the results of this
is contemporary pigeon dung,
which results in a complete rewrite
or flushing the poem
down the toilet.

The only time that I think power corrupts
is when greed is involved.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896218-Talk-Tuesday-Miscellaneous-Meanderings