*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897790-Unicorns
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#897790 added November 17, 2016 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Unicorns
PROMPT: The Wildcard Round! Unicorns...They're special and unique and fun and whatnot. But what are they, really? What do they eat? Where do they live, and where do they sleep? What do they do when they're not out unicorning or whatever it is they do? And what's the proper name for a baby unicorn? Please write the Wikipedia entry on unicorns from your special, unique blogging unicorn perspective.
         Questions, questions, so many questions...It's a wonder any of us slumber with the complex conundrums swirling in our fevered brains... Well, since I'm wide awake , and incapable of concentrating on any other mundane tasks, I shall attempt to explain/validate/elucidate...
         First and foremost, I will clear something up. Although the name 'unicorn' means 'one horn', this mystical creature is not in any way, shape, or form related to other 'unis'. You know of what I speak; 'unitard', 'unicycle', 'unibrow'. I know for a fact no self-respecting unicorn would forgo personal hygiene/grooming to permit the growth of an unsightly unibrow, or carelessly choose to flaunt a ridiculous garment such as a unitard. And why would this graceful beast teeter and totter atop a one-wheeled contraption when he/she could gallop like the wind? So, there we have it, unicorns are a wee bit vain. They are well aware of their flowing manes, and their pristine white coats. They have an image to uphold.
         Unicorning involves a certain amount of physical fitness, running, leaping, and swimming. It takes a continued effort, a regime to maintain their strength and sleekness. They believe in the motto 'heal thyself'. They cannot very well heal, or help others if they are themselves lacking. Their positivity results from this physical presence. They are confident. They are in control.
          Unicorns represent endless possibilities, and optimism, anything is achievable. They flourish in that intangible world that exists between wakefulness and sleep. They are ephemeral like dreams, whispy, gossamer ghosts. They leave undeniable prints. They slay negativity, and self-doubt. They feast on fear, and regret. Unicorns are our hopes and dreams.
          Baby unicorns are known as 'sparks'. From sparks of imagination, sparks of brilliance, sparks of self-awareness, sparks of humanity, they flicker.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897790-Unicorns