*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897864-Ba-ha-ha-ha-Spongebob
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#897864 added November 18, 2016 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
Ba-ha-ha-ha Spongebob
PROMPT: Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1928, Walt Disney's "Steamboat Willie" starring Mickey Mouse was the first successful sound-synchronized animated cartoon. What is your favourite Cartoon?
         What? Again with just one? My 'mostest' favourite cartoon?( I must insert this brief aside... when I first typed 'mostest' my helpful computer substituted the word 'moistest'... haha! Not at all what I intended, but, hey, I fixed that with a '.) First of all, did I ever thank you Walt? I am a Disney devotee, and I approve of the name Mickey. yeah, Mortimer wasn't a great fit, but then again neither was Murray, or Mitchell, or Matthew. Despite liking all things Disney, my 'mostest' favouritest cartoon is.... insert drumroll and dramatic music here... SpongeBob Squarepants. There, I've admitted it. Yes, really, it is, I should know.
         My kid sister got me hooked simply by saying, "You should watch this." I relate to the corny humour, the spoofs, the ridiculous improbabilities, and the main character himself. What's not to like about a perpetually upbeat, childlike, innocent, naïve, optimistic, and persistently positive guy named SpongeBob? His predicaments tickle my funny bone. He never gives up. He is loyal to his friends. He means well, but...And we both have a loud laugh. He doesn't apologize for his.
          Okay, this is the premise of this cartoon in a nut shell, or sea shell if you will. SpongeBob Squarepants lives under the sea in a community known as Bikini Bottom. Hey, remember, suspend the disbelief... His home is a pineapple, yes, you read that correctly, and he shares it with his pet snail, Gary, or "Garebear". His best friend, Patrick Starfish lives next door under a rock. Yeah, poor Patrick is as dumb as a bag of rocks too, but he's a loyal pal, and he worships SpongeBob. The other neighbour, and SpongeBob's co-worker as well, is a grouchy, opinionated Squidward. He's kinda like Dennis the Menace's nemesis neighbour, Mr. Wilson. SpongeBob works quite contentedly as a fry cook at The Krusty Krab, yep, a spoof of McDonald's, where he cooks the krabby patty. His boss is a money-loving skinflint, Mr.Krabs. Oh, there are a slew of characters such as Sandy Squirrel who lives in a glass dome. I really like the two old geezers who live in a retirement home. They spoof Batman and Robin as retirees. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy still wear their super hero outfits complete with masks and capes, but their only acknowledgement to age is slippers. Mermaid Man has dementia, and Barnacle Boy now resents his name and lot in life as a sidekick. Like the caped duo, they have a secret lair and gadgets, one of which is an invisible boat. SpongeBob worships them with unwavering awe. He fails to recognize that they have aged, and no longer fight crime. Oh, did I mention the French narrator who moves the action along with a Frenchified accent, "one hour later"? Okay, these are the basics..
         Cue dramatic music again,, maybe a drum roll and horns...oh, and underwater noises too... this is my 'mostest favouritest' episode..da-da-de-da The Camping Episode! Patrick and SpongeBob have decided to camp in their front yard, but Squidward is annoyed by their obvious enjoyment, and pooh-poohs their efforts. He disdainfully informs them that it can't be real camping ten feet from their homes, but SpongeBob replies, "Outdoors is camping." Squidward mistakenly believes they have challenged him to try camping, and so he joins them. Perversely, he is both annoyed, and wistful. He also thinks he can do better than SpongeBob at most things. SpongeBob shares that it is traditional to sing campfire songs, and they sit next to a roaring fire. He belts out, "It's nice to unwind with a nice campfire song. C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G, song." Then he continues to repeat it quicker and quicker. An irritated Squidward pulls out his clarinet which is his pride and joy, even though he's not the gifted musician he believes himself to be. He is told by the guys, "It's too dangerous to play the clarinet badly in the wilderness." He is told of sea bears. An incredulous Squidward laughs this off as just an old legend,wanting to know who claims this. Patrick answers, "Bikini Bottom Enquirer." "Oh yeah, what does bother a sea bear?"
         Since he asked, the guys are only too happy to tell him... "Don't play the clarinet. Never wave your flashlight back and forth. Flashlights are their natural prey. Don't stomp, they take that as a challenge. Don't ever eat cheese cubed, sliced is fine. Never wear a sombrero in a goofy fashion, or clown shoes, or a hoop skirt." To prove he is right and these restrictions ludicrous, Squidward tempts fate by doing all of the above. Of course, he riles a sea bear and is attacked, repeatedly. SpongeBob and Patrick yell encouragement. "Don't run, sea bears hate that. They hate limping more than running. I should've warned you about crawling. Maybe he doesn't like you. Try being someone else." Meanwhile, the true believers are safe in their anti sea bear circle drawn in the sand....
         After too many assaults by the all-too-real sea bear, a battered Squidward finally listens and attempts to save himself with a circle. No luck, he is again attacked. SpongeBob chides him, "That was an oval. It has to be a circle." In desperation, Squidward shelters in their circle which can be lifted from the sand, and moved, carried around them. Squidward had learned his lesson the hard way, and he's relieved it's over. Patrick and SpongeBob have more news...They are just glad it wasn't a sea rhinoceros...It is attracted by the sounds of a sea bear attack...SpongeBob and Patrick laugh in relief because they are wearing their anti sea rhinoceros underwear..

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897864-Ba-ha-ha-ha-Spongebob