*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897862-More-November-Whining
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#897862 added November 18, 2016 at 9:24pm
Restrictions: None
More November Whining
         As I predicted before I started, I'm not doing well on NaNoWriMo. I don't know how I made it through October Prep, but I scraped by. I won't reach my goal by the end of November, short of a miracle.

         I do have to work an 8 hour shift Thanksgiving Day, but not starting until 5 pm. That gives me enough time to serve, sweep and load the dishwasher. Most of the company will be gone by the time I walk out the door. I'll have to stop and change about 4 and leave by 4:30. (I had hoped not to go in until 7 pm, so I could squeeze in a short nap.) It will be a terrible night, with an ungrateful public. 'm already encountering the sour mood from the public before the crunch even hits. You can encounter 50 wonderful people in a day, but that one short-tempered person or nasty attitude wipes out all of it. Too bad it doesn't work the other way around.

         My cold is better. I got my flu shot. I've got to make sure Dad gets his. I have overnight guests coming Sunday. I'll be at work when they arrive and will get home about their bedtime. I have to clear out my computer stuff to make room. The bed is covered with books, and stacks of paper. I hate disturbing my filing system!

         I really need to get my computer up and running and attach the printer. I tried programming my laptop for the printer, but it won't work. I've got a lot of things on hold waiting for that printer. And it's harder to navigate this laptop than it is my desktop. Oh well. If I had a tech savvy relative, I could ask for help. I have one who knows about drones and DVD players and music, but that's about it.

         My plan is to boil eggs on Sunday, in between church and work, to devil them on Monday.
I'll cook ham on Tuesday, and Turkey Thursday morning. The sides I'll cook Wednesday night and heat up on Thursday.

         One more miscellaneous note: I discovered that plain Acorn squash is good with raspberries. I cut it scooped out the seeds, baked in a pan with water. I scooped out the insides after it was done. The skin is tender and tends to scrape up easily. I sprinkled with cinnamon the second day (we ate it plain the first day). I stirred it just to mix in the spice. On my plate I added a few raspberries and it was wonderful. The sweetness of the berries was the perfect accent. It was a healthy dish.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897862-More-November-Whining