*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898055-Motivation-Monday-Say-Hello-to-Poetry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#898055 added November 21, 2016 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Motivation Monday: Say Hello to Poetry
Monday, November 21, 2016

“Peace begins with a smile..”
Mother Teresa

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 986
In his 1821 essay "A Defence of Poetry," Percy Bysshe Shelley writes, "Poetry is...the perfect and consummate surface and bloom of all things; it is as the odor and the color of the rose to the texture of the elements which compose it...." Make a list of words and phrases that describe the surface textures, odors, and colors that surround you as this year draws to an end, choosing the details that are most evocative of the season. What influences you the most?

Words flow like the wind through cottonwood leaves carrying the aroma of autumn across the battle field of our minds. Words whisper like the waves rolling onto depositing starfish and glittering sand. Inhale the scent of of the sea, letting the its salty perfume bring peace to your troubled mind. Let your bare feet dance across the wet sand feeling the textures of the oceans words relax your body and calm your spirit. Words are the textures and aromas of the mind attempting to translate the poetry of the spirit as it descends from the realms of paradise or the stars.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1467
November 21 is World Hello Day http://www.worldhelloday.org/. Write a story or poem about saying hello to ten poem. Alternately you can say hello to ten people on writing.com tell us about that in your entry.

Hello World!
Come join me in the quest for peace.
Communications is the secret to lasting peace.
Each person must be free to speak,
         ask questions,
                   and search for truth.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898055-Motivation-Monday-Say-Hello-to-Poetry