*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898194-Dear-2016
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#898194 added November 23, 2016 at 12:15am
Restrictions: None
Dear 2016
Wednesday, November 23, 2016

"As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessèd world."
Terri Guillemets

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1469
What ten things are on your 2016 Gratitude list?

Dear 2016,

I want to thank you for a year of spiritual growth. The test and difficult I have face this year has strengthened my faith and my soul's ability to turn to God in times of trouble. These test and difficulties have confirmed that the prayers revealed by The Bab and Baha'u'llah are endowed with the power of the Holy Spirit.

I want to thank you for the memories that you have given me. Some of these memories that will stay with for eternity. While others will be forgotten when they are replaced by new experiences I expect to come in 2017.

I want to thank you for the new friends and acquaintances that I have discovered in my own neighborhood. Some of these people I will remain in my memory album forever because their interesting lives have crossed mine for a brief time. While others will remain my friends until the day I die.

I want to thank you for the dogs that have spent a brief time in my life. Dogs that let me pet them or sniffed at my feet as I walked through the neighborhood.

I want to thank you for the weird noises I hear on summer nights echoing through my open kitchen window. Noises that will end up in poems and stories I write in the coming months.

I want to thank you for the beautiful multicolored dawns that grace Las Vegas and inspire me to rise in the first light of day.

I want to thank you for the supermoons that have inspired poems while making me smile as I watched them rise over Sunrise Mountain or Frenchman's Mountain (I've never been able to figure out the difference in those to eastern peaks).

I want to thank you for the beautiful spring and autumn clouds that remind me of the season's of my childhood in Oklahoma.

I want to thank your for summer's triple digit temperatures that make me thankful for air conditioning while looking forward to a chilly Las Vegas winter.

I want to thank you for a year of excitement and trepidation because my life would be boring and motionless without a little bit of apprehension to push me into action.

With warm Gratitude,
N. F. Darbe AKA Prosperous Snow

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898194-Dear-2016