*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898868-Perth
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#898868 added December 2, 2016 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Perth
*Tree3* *Turtle2* *Trees* *Snow4*


Perth, Australia


OK, I’m in danger of losing myself in Australia. Of course, the Adena Apartment Hotels are more than adequate. They seem to have all the luxury of home plus more.

I took the Fremantle Lunch Cruise along the Swan River. We rode the We rode the Perth-Fremantle-Rottnest. A large cruising boat with fine food. Besides housing along the river bank and boats parked we passed sailboats, ski boats, and yachts, everything but Tom Sawyer's raft. In the background, the guide kept up a running commentary about the populations of Perth and Fremantle. I learned a lot just from listening to his speech as we rode along.

When will I sleep?

Later I went shopping. I bought a public transportation card which works anywhere you want to go. Inside the city, the buses are all free so you don’t need a card to ride. The drivers always greet you when you board and send you on your way with friendly smiles and comments as you leave. People everywhere seem to be very friendly and helpful. I discovered that many of the people in Perth are not original residents. I mean not born in Australia. It isn’t unusual to see people running around in their bare feet. A truly laid back culture. Of course, if you are going to drive it will be on the left-hand side of the road. The fuel for the automobiles is not as expensive as in some other countries.
I also saw a park with paved stone squares for a chessboard. The Chessmen are kept in the park. They are about 2 foot high. So, anyone, who has a yen can play a game of Chess. What a way to study the chess board for your next move?

I visited Kings Park & Botanical Gardens. Colorful parrots fly free in the trees. There are walkways built on all the trails. Some of the walkways are built high and you reach them by climbing up winding stairways into the canopy. It looked like something I built in my Zoo Tycoon game. I could see across the landscape to the Swan River beyond. I noticed a sign that said “silky Eremoophila”, I assume it was the plants around the sign but I haven’t looked it up to find out more. Because of the walkways and a public park full of people, I still felt surrounded by civilization.

So I looked for something that would show me the real Australia. I found out there are car trips you can take to find out what is normal for farming in this area. It will show you things like Pinnacles Desert, Hangover Bay, Sea Breeze Cafe, Emu Downs Wind farm and Little Rivers Winery which is only one of the fine wineries around.

Last I have to mention, Cone Bay. There is a fish farm in the bay. They raise Barramundi which is the fish that is used the most by eateries. There are huge oval nets in the bay used by the farm to raise the Barramundi. Each net cage controls about 40,000 fish. The farm itself is on an island and can only be accessed by helicopter service. Saltwater Crocodiles and sharks haunt the netted fish tanks because they like to eat the Barramundi too. They bounce against the nets and occasionally tear small holes that have to be mended. Divers live and work at the farm they spend about 2 to 3 hours a day checking all the nets of each tank repairing holes to keep the tanks safe from predators. Jellyfish are another dangerous sea animal the divers may encounter.

I think I love Australia.

References:
1. Fremantle Lunch Cruise at Perth by Wen 88888 www.Youtube.com
2. Things I learned Living in Perth by Back Packing bananas Christian/ also Youtube.
3.Kings Park &Botanical Gardens by Sander Sloots / Youtube
4. Fremantle & Perth Twilight Markets Western Australia/ Youtube
5. Western Australia Road Trip 44 amazing destinations by Mervyn Chew / Youtube
6. Robson Green’s Australian Adventure / Western Australia by Dyan Blue / Youtube

"Going home to Australia, it's good to get home, but it's kind of bad too because you get used to that way of life again and you have to come back to America." Andrew Bogut
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/australia.html

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898868-Perth