*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899502-Motivational-Monday-Big-Questions-and-Interstellar-Messages
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#899502 added December 12, 2016 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Big Questions and Interstellar Messages
Monday, December 12, 2016

 Champagne Resolutions  (13+)
Word Prompt: midnight, horse, tipsy, resolution, kiss, champagne, party, strangers
#2104987 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1007
“The big questions are always the ones you can’t even ask.” Davina Blake—Past Encounters: A World War II novel What do you think are the big questions? How many can you come up with?

Big Questions

I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
Rudyard Kepling1

Each individual human being must decide for themselves what the big questions are in their lives. The one thing I'm sure about all the big questions is that they begin with one of six words: (1) Who, (2) What, (3) Where, (4) Why, (5) How, and (6) When. Without one of these six words the question can't be very big which means it's easy to answer. The big questions are never easy to answer and to find the answer a person has to sacrifice preconceived ideas or notions on the alter of knowledge. Answers to the big questions require us to evaluate our thoughts and actions because these answers usually teach us something about ourselves. Once we find an answer to one big question then another one appears on the horizon of our path to knowledge.


One of the big questions is my life is "Why do I deep dreaming about making To Do Lists and posting them in "Writing in Snow?" I know my subconscious mind is attempting to tell me something, but I'm not quite sure what. For the past four or five days I've been dreaming about making To Do Lists and posting them. Last night I posted one list to cover the next nineteen days in "Writing in Snow, but then last night I had the dream again. This may mean I have to add some stuff to that list or to the list I plan to post to "Weekly Goals this afternoon. I'm sure that once I've dealt appropriately with the recent "why question" then my subconscious mind will tell me about another big question I have to deal with. The big questions usually come to me in dreams and continue to come until I've taken care of the situation or problem that is raised.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1488
Breakthrough message https://breakthroughinitiatives.org/Initiative/2 wants to encourage people to discuss the possibility of communicating with intelligent beings in other parts of the universe. They ask "If we or others succeed in discovering another civilization, what – if anything – should we say to them?" How would you answer this question?

Interstellar Messages

I think the best way to reveal the civilizations on Earth is through music and poetry. Every culture, both past and present, has music and poem that reveal the best of the civilization. True some of our music and/or poems show us at our worst, but the majority of these arts reveal humanity at its best. I would make recording of the classics and of indigenous peoples from across the planet. I would also include art that is displayed in museums as well as indigenous art from cliffs, caves, and villages across the planet.


Footnotes
1  http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/413263-i-keep-six-honest-serving-men-i-keep-six


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899502-Motivational-Monday-Big-Questions-and-Interstellar-Messages