*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899557-Tuesdays-Contemplations-and-Meditations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#899557 added December 13, 2016 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday's Contemplations and Meditations
Tuesday, December 13, 2016

"O Thou the Compassionate God. Bestow upon me a heart which, like unto a glass, may be illumined with the light of Thy love, and confer upon me thoughts which may change this world into a rose garden through the outpourings of heavenly grace. Thou art the Compassionate, the Merciful! Thou art the Great beneficent God!"
‘Abdu’l-Bahá

A heart like glass cast
love's rainbow across the Earth:
a world citizen.

It's going to be a long and busy day. I may not get everything accomplished that I plan to do, but I'll get a few things accomplished. I started out my day in a meditative and prayerful mood. After that I got up off the recliner, made coffee, ate a cookie, and logged into my cox.net inbox. The plan was to do some housekeeping and surveys. I deleted a few items, did a couple of three surveys and go frustrated. Since frustration doesn't help my blood pressure or my mood I logged out of that e-mail and logged onto writing.com where I made an entry in "Writing in Snow. That's when I decided that I have too much junk coming into the my Cox inbox.


I logged back into my Cox e-mail where I unsubscribed to a few things. I'm not sure how much good that will do because I suspect that unsubscribing to one piece of junk only gets you placed on half-a-dozen other list and increases the amount of junk coming into the inbox. However, since I have no real proof of that theory I will continue to unsubscribe to items for the rest of the year. Next year I will try another method like blocking or reporting spam.

Before logging out of that e-mail, I checked the folder I keep the Baha'i scriptures that are sent to me each day. I read through some of them, wrote the short poem that the prayer at the beginning of this entry inspired, and then decided to post both in today's blog entry. I'm planning on creating another book for the poems and thoughts that those quotes inspire. I'm not sure what I'm going to call the book yet. This is something I've been considering for sometime and now (this week anyway) is a good time to start if I can think up a title. I'm going to post this now because I have oodles of other things to do today. As usual I'm going to be on and off line all day long.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899557-Tuesdays-Contemplations-and-Meditations