*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901009-Firing-Squad-Inspiration-and-Violence-in-Eden
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#901009 added January 3, 2017 at 4:50pm
Restrictions: None
Firing Squad Inspiration and Violence in Eden
Tuesday, January 3, 2017


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1029
Dostoevsky wrote his best work after facing a firing squad. Has an event in your life made you write more dramatically than before? You don’t have to talk about the event if you don’t want to, but try to put into words the feelings and the inspiration you got from such an event. If you wish, you may express that feeling in a prose-poem, poem, or story.

Firing Squad Inspiration

I've never faced a firing squad. I can understand why Dostoevsky created his best work after the encounter. Facing death or encountering a dangerous situation is exhilarating and inspiring because it reveals how fragility of life. Once a person confronts this type of situation something within changes and the person is no longer haunted by the fears that existed before so are free to achieve their highest potential.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1510
"We live in a copy of Eden, a copy that depends on violence."~ Carolina Ebeid
Do you agree or disagree with Ms. Ebied? What are your thoughts about our daily existence?

Violence in Eden

No! We do not live in a copy of Eden. If we did then every house and apartment building would be surrounded by gardens and fruit trees. The increase in violence is a sign of illness. We live in a sick society where many (I won't say everyone) people are out for themselves and the material items they can amass. People are greedy for material items because many don't have any spiritual life and don't see the need for it. This leaves a void in them which they attempt to fill with material things. Since, in most cases, they don't think it matters how they get the material things they resort to violence to get them. Violence is a sign of hopelessness and fear.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901009-Firing-Squad-Inspiration-and-Violence-in-Eden